Season 2/Chapter 2: Gone Again

Mulai dari awal

Y/n: Um, Clem? You know I can do that.

Clementine: Sure, but I wanna light the fire with my sweet lighter. I hardly get to use it, Mister Sparkle Fingers. 

I roll my eyes and pull the front of her hat down at little. 

Y/n: Keep it up with that nickname and you'll be down a heater. 

She fixes her hat and playfully shoves me. 

Clementine: Yeah, right. You wouldn't last a day without a hug from me. Now come on, let's light this thing. 

We stand up from the log we're sitting on and go over to the fire. The weasel we caught is on a stick, but we've yet to cook it. We kneel down by the fire, and she ignites a piece of paper while she puts it into the fire, but it doesn't really do anything. I chuckle and cross my arms, this time in amusement and not annoyance. 

Y/n: How's that lighter working out, dear? 

Clementine: Ha, ha. Can you... 

I point to the firewood that's still under the weasel and snap my fingers causing the embers to flare up a little, burning brighter than before. I look up at the sky and even though it's night, a few droplets of rain are lit up by the moon's glow. I can tell the rain is starting to move on, but I have a feeling there will be a final encore before the clouds fully leave. I got a feeling about it in my stomach. 

Y/n: You're welcome. I think I deserve a reward. 

Clementine stands up. 

Clementine: And what would that be? 

I point to my cheek. 

Y/n: Come on, you know what I it is. 

She walks over and leans up, kissing my cheek before stopping after a second. 

Clementine: There. 

Y/n: Sweet! 

Looking at Clem, she almost had to get on her tippy toes because unlike her I've actually grown a bit over these last two years. I went from 5'1 to a respectable 5'4, which isn't much, but better than being stuck at 4'5 like Clementine. Though I did have to get different and bigger clothes to replace the old ones. I replaced every piece of clothing except for my hat and necklace because they're irreplaceable. 

Right now, I've got on my orange hat, red bead necklace, the necklace with my parents rings underneath, Black shorts, Black shoes, a red shirt, and a black over shirt. I couldn't find me a tank top, which is kind of sad, but it's okay. I still look pretty rad if I do say so myself, because there's nothing cooler than red and black. I almost forgot to mention I got an orange belt, too, and the belt's buckle has the letter "A" on it in red coloring. The world is gone, but being cool is still necessary. 

Clementine: It's better

Clementine: It's better. But still not enough. The flames might go out again. We need to find some stuff to keep it from going out. 

Y/n: Let's try to find some logs that haven't been soaked.