Season 4/Chapter 32: Roasting On An Open Fire

3rd Pov. 

As Y/n goes to leave the room, Evelyn says one last thing. 

Evelyn: I was also forced to make seastone weapons, so be careful.

Y/n nods, ducking behind a box again as he finds more soldiers running around. They're running all over the boat to find more guns, ammo, and get to their positions. One runs right past Y/n and spots him, only to take a flaming spear to the throat and get knocked off the back of said boat. It happens so fast, the guy couldn't see what was coming. 

Y/n: Bitch. 

He ducks behind multiple things as he makes his way toward the location his mother had told him. The "soldier", Jerry, will be there and he will get his ass torched like a holiday ham even if he gives up the keys. Y/n looks around a corner and starts to move silently, like a ninja wearing shorts. Meanwhile, Clementine, Violet, and AJ have been doing their thing and made it onto the dock closer to the entrance. It might have all seemed like a long time, but in reality Y/n's been up and away for about five minutes. During that time they swam over to the dock that was closer to where they needed to be only for Clem to almost drown after being pulled down by a walker that was underwater. 

Violet: Fuck, are you okay?

Clem coughs up water and nods. 

Clementine: Fuck, I see why Y/n hates the water so much other than it draining his powers. Shit, I'm fine though. 

The group hides behind cover and get ready to make their next move. Clem looks at them. 

Clementine: Stay close. Stay hidden.

The group sneaks past the searchlight, barely avoiding it's light and almost getting caught each time. However, they manage to make it past and make their way over to the part that leads onto the lower deck. Unfortunately their time in the river water made the guts wash off & the walkers are still there with new interest in them. 

Violet: Walkers!

Clem kills the approaching walkers with the help of AJ and Violet. After a minute, Violet help AJ climb through the gap above the door, and he opens it. Clem and Violet run inside, shutting the door behind them. Back up top, Y/n is lurking around the corner and spying on Jerry as he gives some soldiers orders. Seems like he's not on Lilly's level, but high enough to give out any orders they're supposed to follow. Doesn't matter to Y/n though, and slowly, he approaches Jerry with no sound coming from him. Only the gunfire and sounds of groaning from the walkers is in his or anyone else's interest. Anyone that's a soldier. 

Jerry: To think, a group of kids could do something like this. Then again, from the sound of it their previous leader, Marlon, was pathetic and so were they until the new ones came along. That Bitch's son and his girlfriend are leading the charge-

Suddenly, Jerry feels a presence looming behind him and he turns to find Y/n standing there. But this time, fire is lit up all over his body as he looks at Jerry with silence having heard what he had just called his mother. He's more angered over what Jerry had said about his mother rather than about the kids, because it's true that they didn't stand a chance without Clementine or Y/n. They were just soft before they came along. They aren't anymore. Either way, you never insult a man's mom. 

Y/n: What did you just say? 

Jerry: Wait, you're that kid! How did you-

Y/n stops him by sending a right hook to Jerry's jaw right before he could pull out his gun. A clean hit, Jerry goes down in an instant and Y/n kneels down in front of him. He leans in a bit closer. 

Y/n: I want you to repeat what you said. 

Jerry looks up at him and pulls out a knife, Y/n not remembering his mother's warning, doesn't think to dodge and ends up getting a shallow slash across the stomach. He grunts but does not move an inch, instead choosing to grab Jerry's wrist and breaks it. He feels the wound and sees it's bleeding, but also that it hadn't gone too deep into his abdomen. Jerry shouts, but Y/n goes and covers his mouth.