Chapter 8: Cleaning House

Y/N Pov. 

Looking at the second floor of the motel where the walkers are banging against a door, I can also hear crying. Glenn told us there's someone survivor trapped up top & to me it sounds like a lady. 

Y/n: Huh, that's not good. I think we should help. 

Carley looks at us. 

Carley: No way. We gotta go, now.

Glenn: Listen. I was out here looking for gas. And then, up there in the corner room, I heard crying coming from inside.

Lee: Who is it?

Glenn: It's a girl. We talked and she got frightened. I was trying to get in and help her and she started yelling and saying I was bitten. I tried to convince her I wasn't, and that's when all these guys came out of the forest. A couple almost got me, and I ended up hiding in the ice machine.

Carley: Lucky you; now let's go!

Glenn: We can't just leave her.

Lee: Damn right, we can't. 

Y/n: I agree with them on this. 

Carley looks at us and is upset that we're deciding to stay. 

Carley: You guys are suicidal over a girl!

Glenn: I'm saving her, with or without you.

Lee looks at Carley. 

Lee: Think about if it was you.

I can see Carley is still not so keen on staying to help, so I slightly stand up and look over the small wall. There are a few walkers around, but not that many, and they're pretty spread out. Ducking back down, I look at Carley. 

Y/n: It's okay, Carley. There aren't that many walkers here and they're spaced out. I think we can do this without them ganging up on us. And if worse comes to worse...

I give her a thumbs up before turning it into fire. 

Y/n: I can give us some cover. 

Carley sighs. 

Carley: Fine. Let's go save Glenn's damsel in distress.

Quickly and quietly, all of us move over to a nearby wall and crouch in front of it. We're doing our best to stay out of sight so these things don't mob us. Lee is to the left & I'm in the middle with Glenn, while Carley's to the right. Lee puts his hands on the wall and we both look toward the second floor where the walkers are. 

Y/n: So what's the plan, Lee? 

Lee: Okay, this is the plan. We don't know how hard it's gonna be to get her out of that room.

Glenn: Yeah, it's boarded up.

I see Carley reload her pistol, but Lee stops her. 

Lee: Quietly. Noise attracts these things. 

Y/n: So does bright light and smell. 

He turns his attention to me. 

Lee: We may need to use your fire if things get too bad. Until then, stay alert. 

Y/n: You got it. 

Lee: Now let's have a look around.

Lee and I start to look around while Carley stays on guard with Glenn. Lee peeks around the wall and I look over it, not fully standing, but just enough to where I can see over with no problems. I see a walker eating a corpse in the middle of the parking lot while not paying attention to really anything else.