Season 3/Chapter 5: Where People Meet

Y/N Pov. 

Clementine and I start looking around the gas station for anything that we can use. Although the place is pretty picked clean. We're only finding empty cans, broken glass, paper, etc so on and so forth. I look at Clementine and I can tell she's thinking about something, like she can't get it out of her mind. 

Y/n: What's going on? I know you're thinking about something. 

Clementine: (Sigh) I'm just worried is all. What if... What if things go the way they usually do? 

Y/n: (Shrugs) I don't know, but I can promise you one thing. 

I reach out and grab her hand, holding it. 

Y/n: I'll be right beside you. No matter what. 

Clementine: (Grins) If there's one person I can count on, it's you. 

We walk into the gas station directly, where the cash register would be, but again there's nothing. The shelves are picked clean and even if they weren't, the place is so dusty you would...well, catch something more than likely. 

Clementine: What do you think of our situation so far? 

Y/n: We've been in worse spots. I think. And worse comes to worse, I'll be there to handle it. You have my back and I have yours. 

Clementine nods and we go towards the backroom where all we find is a closet. I put my ear against the door, listening in, and I get nothing back. I turn back to Clem and she looks at me but, I shake my head. 

Y/n: We're good. 

I open the closet door and inside we find a little room with a safe as well as empty boxes. I go over to the safe and grab the door, using my flames to shoot bullets inside of the mechanism that holds the lock in place. A moment later, the door opens and inside we find a lot of Money and two candy bars. 

Y/n: Ah, sweet. 

I grab the candy bars and just for fun, I set the money on fire. I turn back to Clementine with the candy bars in hand.

Y/n: Catch. 

Clementine: What-

I toss one to her and she catches it, looking down as soon as she does. 

Clementine: Whoa... 

Y/n: I know, right? I guess whoever owned this place was pretty dead set on keeping both his money and sweets safe. Too bad money is practically worthless nowadays. Either way, dig in.

Clementine: You think they're okay to eat? 

I shrug and open the candy bar package. 

Y/n: Maybe, maybe not, but I honestly don't care enough right now to wonder. 

I start eating mine and Clementine opens hers, doing the same as we continue to look for anything around the gas station. After a couple of minutes, we leave the gas station & look outside to see what's going on. Javier's hooking a winch to the car that's blocking our way.

Clementine: Looks like they've finally found a way to move that car-

As the car is pulled out of the way, it makes a loud screeching sound as metal scraps against the asphalt. I shake my head as the sound is really irritating to my ears. Like nails on a chalkboard. I notice Javier talking to Tripp when all of a sudden, Clementine points to something and shouts. 

Clementine: Walkers!

After the wreck is pulled out of the way by the winch, walkers start to come our way in large numbers as they were drawn by the sound of the loud ass scraping metal. I sigh and look at Clementine.