July

Did some reordering of my oneshots! Thank you for reading, this is by far one of my favorites that I written :)

Listen to July by Noah Cyrus if you want while reading this :)

Word count: 5.8k

July used to be y/ns favorite month. It was filled with the summer heat, late nights, and laughs. She remembers how the summer nights seemed to feel like forever, catching lightning bugs, listening to music, and sitting by bonfires.

That was years ago.

The years went by so quickly, Eddie always by her side.

This July was different, her favorite month becoming her least favorite.

Last July Eddie proposed.
The July before that he took her to the Grand Canyon, just like he always said he would.
The July before that he asked for them to move in together.
The July before that he professed his undying love for y/n.
The July before that he asked for her to be his girlfriend.
The July before they became best friends.
The July before that they met.
July was always the best month out of the year.

Thank god for July.

This year was different.
She no longer had Eddie. He was in California recording his first album with the rest of Corroded Coffin. He signed a deal without telling y/n. The two drifted apart after long nights of fights and crying, deciding to break it off as they didn't have the same future anymore.

Y/n was dreading this month, it was the first time July would have nothing good to give y/n. She was alone, just she had her friends, but nothing was the same without Eddie.

July first she woke up and the air felt different, as if maybe something good would happen this month. She felt refresh, she convinced herself a month couldn't hold value to her. She could make it a good month without Eddie.

On July second she was told by Steve that Eddie would be coming home for a few months. She didn't know how badly her chest could hurt. She didn't know the panic Steve could add to her daily life. She hadn't thought Eddie would be coming home anytime soon, she thought she had a few more months to try to be happy.

On July seventh she heard he was in town. She hid in her room the whole day refusing to accidentally bump into him. Y/n didn't want to see him or his pretty smile or his brown eyes. Those brown eyes would have killed her if she saw them.

On July eleventh she was told he was looking for her, to which she told her friend to tell him to stop looking. Eddie doesn't like to follow directions, if told go left he goes right. He needed to find y/n.

On July twelfth she cried in her bed, hearing her friends talk and laugh down the hall in the apartment she shared with Robin.
She begged Robin to not let him in, but she could hear his voice, he was probably sitting in the couch with his legs spread and a beer in his hand.
Robin agreed to not tell him she lives with her, but thank god Steve doesn't know social cues and completely ruined that. She hadn't heard his voice in months, it was hard but at least he was down the hall.

"You weren't gonna say hi to me or what?" Eddie's voice came from y/ns bedroom door. His voice made her shutter, chills running down her spine. Hearing him so close to her pulled her back into their last time speaking. All the yelling, all the cries, and all the fighting. She hadn't heard his voice so crystal clear since the last time he spoke to her, 7 whole months ago, when she left in tears.

"Get out" she whimpered with her back to him.
He did. He went back to their friends, leaving her alone.  He couldn't help but look over his shoulder towards the hall that led to her room, knowing she had been in there the whole time, crying.