Bruises

Summary: y/n gets into a fight with her boyfriend, and Eddie is there to save the day.

Word count: 2.9k

Y/n liked to look at Eddie Munson in the halls of Hawkins high. She liked to watch his outburst at lunch. She just likes to watch Eddie Munson do absolutely anything.

Eddie had no idea he had a secret admirer. He had no idea a cheerleader was crushing on him. He had no idea that the cheerleader who was dating Chance, a basketball player and Jason's best friend, was crushing on him.

One day Eddie caught her eyes as she was looking at him in the hallway. He didn't think much of it, just a cheerleader judging the outcast.
The moment their eyes met, was the day she almost fell in love with him. It was enough to make her heart race and feel butterflies in her stomach.

Those chocolate brown puppy dog eyes, they looked right at y/n. They almost looked into her soul, y/n felt as if that was the moment she would remember forever.

"Because! I don't want to date you anymore!" Y/n yelled in the field behind the school.
"What do you mean? Why not?" Chance was angry, angry that his girlfriend was breaking up with him just before the big championship game.
"I don't like you anymore!" Y/n yelled back, trying to walk away. Chance blocked her with his body.

Y/n felt small compared to him, chance was pretty tall.
"No, we aren't breaking up y/n" Chance said with a face full of anger.

"Yes we are now move!" Y/n tried to push chance out of the way.
Chance grabbed y/n by the wrists holding her in place.
"I said we are not breaking up" he whispered deeply into y/ns face.
Y/ns heart began to race, the grip he has on her wrist were strong enough to leave bruises.

Y/n took the opportunity being so close to him, she spit right into his face.
Chance stood shocked for a moment, still holding his grip on y/ns wrists.

"You fucking bitch" Chance removed his right hand from her wrist, swinging it back.

Y/n didn't see much, but she felt it. An immediate stinging on the left side of her face. Y/n fell to the soft grass Beneath them, clutching her face.

Tears started to fall from her eyes, in shock that he just hit her. Shocked that he did it in plain view for anyone to see, not just behind closed doors this time.

"Hey!" A voice came from the wooded area behind the school.

"What's going on here" the voice came closer. It was Eddie's voice, y/n didn't have to look to recognize it.

"Nothing freak! Go back to your hobbit hole" Chance said reaching down to grab y/ns arm, Yanking her up.
"Let me go!" Y/n tried to pull herself away from him, but Chance held her close while dragged her off the field.

Y/n looked back to see Eddie staring at them, watching as he dragged her away.

"Hey are you okay?" Eddie voice started y/n as she was leaning up against the wall outside the gymnasium. Y/n held an ice pack to her cheek, to help ease the pain.
Y/n looked back at Eddie, he was fidgeting with his fingers, standing awkwardly.

"Yeah" y/n whispered keeping the ice pack steady on her skin.
"Let me see" Eddie's hand watched out for hers, to remove the item from her face.
Y/n allowed Eddie to take the ice pack from her, seeing the red mark on her face, it was starting to bruise. She wasn't sure if Chance slapped her of punched her. She just knew it hurt when the wind blew on it as they walked back to the school.

Chance had a history of hurting y/n before.
Most of the time she would brush it off as I was an accident or he didn't mean to because that's what he told her.
He would say "I'm so sorry baby I didn't mean to please forgive me" and he would act as if he really meant it so y/n would forgive him, but a few short weeks later it would happen again. Y/n honestly felt like she was stuck with him. She felt like there was no way to get out of this relationship with him. Everyone knew them, everyone knew that they were together.