Movie rental

Just a cute little Drabble about Eddie and y/n having crushes on each other.

Word count: 1.2k

Y/n often day dreamed about the chocolate brown haired boy from her school. Even at her work, family video. She worked along side Robin and Steve.

Those two were a handful in themselves.

Today was unusually busy, maybe it's because Hawkins had officially started it's summer. Finally y/n made it to her senior year along side robin, one more year until they were finally free.

Yet Eddie was held back again. Maybe it's because he older, that's why y/n was so attracted to him. Or maybe it was the way his hair moved when he walked, or how the wind pushed it in front of his face during the crisp autumn.
She liked how his dimples were so prominent while he smiled.

Maybe it was because Eddie was so unapologetically himself, not afraid to be out there and loud. Making a scene every chance he got, he erupted into a loud declaration of something he liked or disliked almost every day.

Too bad y/n would be working through the whole summer to even really enjoy it, although she had Robin and Steve to keep her company.

"Welcome to family video" y/n mumbled with her hands keeping her head perched on her elbows. Y/n had spent all afternoon reading through a random magazine she found in the back.

"Hi-Um I need some help"

Y/n recognized that voice anywhere. The smooth sound of Eddie Munsons voice crescendos off the walls that lined the small video store.
Y/n immediately stood up tall, brushing her hands down her front to straighten out the work appropriate summer clothes that laid on her body.

Y/n was suddenly hyper aware that Eddie was standing in front of her, looking at her eyes, waiting for the girl to say something.

"Yeah- w-what are you looking for" y/n coughed out, barely making any sort of eye contact with the man.

She could see other people walking around the store in silence, for sure they were listening to the most awkward conversation in the whole state of Indiana, hell the world.

"Anything really" Eddie's thin frame stood in the middle of the store, shrugging his shoulders.

"Have you seen, The winged serpent?" Y/n asked rounding the counter, assuming Eddie would follow her to the movies location.

"Oh my god you're the girl who keeps making people rent obscure movies" Eddie began to laugh fidgeting with his rings.

"What?" Y/n's head tilted to the side a little.

"My buddy told me about this girl who had him rent the movie, House. Claiming it was the best movie she ever saw"

"Oh, yeah that's me, I think it's kinda funny to recommend weird movies" y/n nodded at Eddie's accusation.

Eddies hair looked freshly washed, tangle free and a little frizzy. He smells like cigarettes, a smell y/n didn't mind. It was like her prayers for him to notice her were answered.

Whatever god from above has bestowed her a gift, the gift she had been dreaming about for months.

Y/n could see Eddie's mouth moving but couldn't hear him over the sound of her heartbeat thumping, was it fast? Or does it always sound like this?

"Y/n?" Eddie's cheesy grin was wide on his face noticing y/n had basically been wide eye starting at his lips.

"Huh? Sorry" y/n's eyes snapped back up the brown ones. She looked so embarrassed. How could she let herself get so distracted by those pretty lips, or those cute tattoos. Even they way he walked at school made y/n blush.

"Do you think you could hand out these fliers while I'm here?" Eddie had a stack of about 50 fliers. They were black and white, it was for his band.

"Uh sure what is it?" Y/n stuck her hand out to take the papers.

"My band has a gig tonight, it's going to be so metal, trying to get as many people there as possible" Eddie blushed as their fingertips brushed softly.

He had to admit, he always thought y/n was really cute. But actually talking face to face, that was a different experience.

"Oh sure" y/n's toothy smile absolutely made Eddie's heart jump out of his chest. "Only if you rent, The winged serpent"

Y/n had a way of looking so pretty, with her head cocked to the side, a big smile on her face, looking so innocent as she coerced him to do what she wanted.

"Fine, but I better love this movie"

"You totally will" the sarcasm in y/n's voice was so prominent, but Eddie didn't care. Y/n could tell Eddie to stand in moving traffic and he would do it no questions asked, okay maybe not. But maybe one day he would do it no questions asked.

Neither of them knew how obsessed they both were with each other.

"Maybe I'll see you there" Eddie drummed his hands on the counter before turning round to leave.
"Oh your movie!" Y/n said holding the movie in her hand.
"oh, duh" Eddie made an awkward face reaching back to take the movie.
As he left the store he turned around to get one last look at y/n almost hitting himself with the door.

"What was that about?" Robin and Steve both popped up from around the corner or the desk.
"What was what" y/n tuned to the computer clicking randomly to pretend she was busy.
"What was all that with Eddie Munson?" Robin poked further.
"Who? Him- pft barely know the guy" y/n shrugged her shoulders. It was true, she did barely know him. Only looking at him from afar, having this ugly crush on him tore her apart.

Y/n never got the chance to go see Eddie preform. It kind of bummed him out not seeing her there. But he knew he would talk to her after school the next day.

"Hey!" Eddie said loudly entering the store.
"Hey!" Y/n smiled from behind the counter.
"This movie was awful" Eddie tossed the vhs on the counter.
"What?" Y/n joked looking confused. "It's so good, I think you should rent it again and rewatch it"
"Incorrect" Eddie laughed watching as y/n clicked on the computer to return the movie.

"Im bummed you didn't get to see me yesterday" Eddie said Breaking the awkward silence.
"Yeah, im sorry about that. I had to close the store" y/n gave Eddie an apologetic look.
"It's cool, I understand" Eddie nodded his head waiting for y/n To finish up what she was doing.

"Can I help you with anything else?" Y/n asked as it was apart of her job.

"Want to go on a date tonight? I'll pick you up after your shift"
"Uh" y/n suddenly felt her palms become sweaty.
"Just you, me, and a couple of greasy diner burgers? Maybe even a milkshake if want" Eddie cocked his head to the side, with a hopeful gleaming in his eye.

"Okay" y/n smiled knowing Robin and Steve were definitely going to tease her after he left.

This one shot was sitting in my drafts for sooo long. It's so cute though. Just really short and sweet :)

Thank you for reading!

Send me your requests!!

Vote and comment please!!

Xoxo