Dear Billy

Summary: After Billy dies, y/n writes him letters about how much she misses him, and about her new friend Eddie.

Word count: 2.2k

Authors note- this is not exactly based fully around Eddie. This is a little different than what I normally write. In this Billy was never racist or homophobic, he may have been a little mean though.

Dear Billy, Oct. 6th, 85'

It's been 94 days since you left me. It's been 94 days of me crying my heart out. I have good and bad days. It's been 94 days since I last saw your face. It's been 94 days since you went into that mall fire. I just know you were helping get people out. That's the person you were, always trying to save others.
It's been so hard without you, without hearing your voice, without hearing you laugh. It's been hard not hearing you call me your baby, its been so hard thinking about how I'll never hear that again.
I'll always love you, Billy.
We had our ups and downs, a lot more ups than downs. You were my everything.
I miss you every day. I can't stop thinking about you, you are constantly on my mind. I slept in your room for the first month of you being gone. It was so hard walking in there and smelling you. I wore your clothes everyday. I still do. I wear your shirts to school, I wear your cologne. I miss you so much Billy. My heart aches thinking about how I'll never get to feel your skin on mine again. I don't think I savored every moment I had with you enough. I will always love you. I will always dream of you. I don't think you will ever leave my thoughts.
I'm starting to see a therapist, I don't like her, I know we would have made fun of her together. She says what I'm doing is part of the healing process. She's the one who said I should write and read to you these letters. I hope it will fix me.
I miss you.

I love you
Love, y/n.

Dear Billy, Nov. 30th, 86'

I made a new friend, his name is Eddie. I know you always told me to make more friends.
I think you would like him. He says he's sorry for what happened to you.
The days are getting easier to walk past your old locker. Everyone gives me looks like they feel bad. You were the King of Hawkins. It's almost our 2 year anniversary. In my head we never broke up, you never left me.
The nights are getting better, I'm not crying as much, I'm laughing more. My mom says I'm coming out of my depression. I've been on a lot of medications, the doctor wanted to send me to the loony bin after you died. The medicine helps me forget that you're gone. I still miss you everyday. I still love you so much. I don't think I'll ever stop loving you.
I saw you in my dream last night. We were so happy, we were dancing around my room like we used to. You were so silly, but only around me. I only saw the real you, the really you who loved me.
I'll visit you soon.
I love you
Love, y/n.

Dear Billy, Dec. 25th, 85'

Merry Christmas! I tried to go visit your sister and your step mom, turns out they moved somewhere else. Max wont even look at me in the hallways of school anymore. I think she's sad, like me. I'm going to take you a drawing later. I know how much you loved my stick drawings of us.
The way you used to keep them laying around to room. I found one in your leather jacket, you kept it in the inside pocket, to hold close to you.
Always an artist you used to tell me.
Now looking back, I think you were making fun of me.
Eddie and I have gotten really close, he's a good friend to have around. I know you guys would be best buds. He's funny like you, he's not as scary though. I know you always loved to feel like you could protect me.
I miss your handsome face, god you were so handsome, Billy.
I miss your hugs, I miss the way you would lift me into the air. I miss it all. It's been pretty lonely here. My mom said I have to move on some day. I don't think that day will ever come.
My Christmas wish was for you to come home, saying your got lost or had amnesia and wandered off.. but it hasn't happened. My therapist said it won't happen, I'm just reaching for a possibility that will never come.
I still have dreams about you. You look happy in my dreams, we look happy. I miss you lots.