Someone to watch over - Part 2 - Marc/ Moon Knight x Reader

"Did you hear that?" Steven asked, as he looked at Marc.

"Yes I heard................"

"Well......what do you think? Do you think that she's telling the truth? Did you see her following us?" Steven continued. It obvious from the look on Marc's face that he most definitely hadn't noticed that he was being shadowed.

"I don't see why she wouldn't be telling the truth. I met the other avatars, so I can't say that I'm surprised that Mut would have one too. And she did rescue you from the desert. Maybe you should let me out, I think I need to have a look around, and then I can talk to her. By the sounds of it, we have a lot in common." Marc replied. Remembering his own childhood. Remembering how his mother had change when his brother had died. How she had crawled into a bottle to try and deal with the pain of the loss of a child. How she had abused him. Remembering his own service in the Marines. It obvious that mother and son seemed to share the similarities in the avatars that they chose.

"No. If I let you out, you'll probably scare her off somehow. We need her help if we are going to stop Harrow from finding the tomb of Ammit............."

"How am I going to scare her? If you ask me, it looks like that lady knows how to handle herself. Just let me out. I promise I won't do anything." Marc said, desperately trying to convince his alternate personality. Steven looking between the mirror and the door through which (Y/n) had left only moments before. The museum worker knowing that he would rather stay out and get to know her better. But also knowing that if she wasn't telling the truth, Marc would be better at dealing with things.

"Fine. But just don't ruin anything, ok? She seems nice." Steven finally agreed, as his eyes closed, only to open again a second later. It now Marc's turn to see Steven in the mirror. The mercenary quickly moving around the room. Looking for anything that might tell him more about this avatar of Mut.

"What are you looking for?" Steven called out, as he tried to see what Marc was doing.

"Don't know until I find it." Came the reply, as the ex-Marine rummaged through a draw, before turning his attention to a makeshift wardrobe.

"I can assure you that whatever you're looking for, you won't find it in there." An English voice came. A voice that most definitely didn't belong to Steven. Marc turning to see their rescuer stood in the doorway, with a tray filled with food, in her hands.

"I take it that I am no longer speaking to Steven. That I am actually meeting Marc Spectre?" (Y/n) continued, as she made her way further into the room, and placed the tray on a small table. Before making her way over to where Marc still had his hands deep in hanging clothes. The avatar holding out her own hand for him to shake.

"It's a pleasure, Mister Spectre. Mut has told me so much about you. It appears that you and I have a number of things in common. You are a former Marine and CIA operative, I was a captain in British Army Intelligence, and then moved on to work for MI6." (Y/n) explained. Chuckling as Marc finally removed his hand from her clothes and placed it in hers.

"If you are looking for a form of identification, or perhaps a weapon, I assure you that you won't find them in there. I know better than to leave things like that lying around. My weapon stays with me. After all, a girl can never be too careful. But I will assure you, Mister Spectre, as I did with Mister Grant, that I am only here to help you. Mut has not taken kindly to the way her son has been treated by the other gods. She has not taken kindly to them daring to imprison him in stone. And given that that confinement has resulted in you losing your abilities, she has sent me to fix things. To protect you until Khonsu's ushabti can be broken. Until he can be freed. Neither my lady nor I will allow Harrow to be successful in his endeavours. We have both seen what Ammit's judgements mean. How the fear that she caused by deciding on whether someone was worthy of life by looking at their past, present and future, was what had her imprisoned in the first place. I have witnessed how Harrow uses that judgement. And I am here to stop him; to stop his cult, and to stop them from freeing the goddess that they serve." The avatar continued, as she watched Marc take a seat back on the bed.

"If we do not end this, the world as we know it, will be no more. So, I hope that you will allow me to assist you, at least until you are a little less vulnerable. Now, as I also told Mister Grant, I believe that you should rest before we head out in the morning. And perhaps you should eat something too. I have made sure that none of Harrows followers have been watching. In fact, I have done my best to ensure that he has no idea that I am here. But Arthur is no fool, and he will realise that there is a good chance that I will show my face sooner or later. So, we will have to move, and move quickly." (Y/n) added, as she made her way back to the door.

"Where are you going?" Marc asked, as he got to his feet and made his way over to her.

"I just have to go and make a few more arrangements. But I will be back soon. Feel free to leave if you wish. You are not a prisoner. But I assure you, that if you do, I will find you again. So, rest and eat." (Y/n) replied, giving him a smile that Marc was sure could bring a man to his knees, before opening the door and leaving. Marc simply taking a seat back on the bed. Finding himself more than a little amazed by the woman that he had just met.