Night at the opera - Part 4 - Logan x Reader

Logan had been unable to stop watching (Y/n), as she had mingled with the other singers, the backers and special invited guests. Unable to stop himself from enviously watching, as Charles had manoeuvred his chair to her side and taken her hand in his. It obvious from the way they interacted that the professor thought a great deal of his niece. The look of pride in Charles' eyes there for all to see. And given that, Logan also hadn't failed to notice how the beautiful Queen of the Night would occasionally look over at him. Would give him a soft smile, as he caught her eye. And he also hadn't failed to notice that (Y/n) had managed to slip away from Charles. That she had vanished through a door at the back of the room. The professor appearing to be a little preoccupied with all the conversations about other possible shows. Questions about how he had been able to bring (Y/n) back to New York, from the Europe, to notice that she had left his side. Logan almost inhaling the liquor in his glass, before quietly making his way to the door. Finding that the ingress led to a small alley at the back of the famous theatre.

"Oh, god. You scared me." (Y/n) gasped, as she turned around at the sound of the door closing. Her hand pressed firmly over her heart, as she tried to steady her breathing.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare ya. I just came to make sure that you were alright?" Logan explained. His own heart pounding, as (Y/n) moved closer.

"I'm fine. Thank you. I just needed a little air. It's a little stuffy in there what with all those bodies. And as my uncle, who I swear is a frustrated performer, despite what he might say, seems to be enjoying a little of limelight, I thought I would just come outside by myself for a few moments. I didn't think anyone would notice me..........." (Y/n) explained quietly. The female mutant carefully choosing every word she uttered. Knowing that she wanted the large man to get to know her because he wanted to. Not because her voice had enchanted him.

"I would always notice you." Logan interrupted, closing the distance between he and (Y/n) further.

"You have to be the most beautiful woman I've ever seen." The feral mutant continued. His hand reaching up and brushing a few stray strands of hair away from (Y/n)'s face. A small smile pulling at the corners of his mouth, as a soft pink hue creeped up onto her cheeks.

"And.........and I think that you have to be the most handsome man that I have ever seen." (Y/n) replied with a soft chuckle. Her eyes fluttering closed, as the tall man lay his hand tenderly on her cheek. Her breath catching in her throat, as she felt his warmth. As she felt him move closer still. His body now pressed up against hers.

"So....... niece, huh?" Logan continued, as he broke the comfortable silence that had fallen over the scene.

"Again, yes. But in truth, Charles and I have always been more like father and daughter. I love him so much and owe him a great deal." (Y/n) replied, as her eyes opened to look up into the most wonderful hazel orbs that she had ever been fortunate enough to see.

"I thought that there was a little something more between you two..........."

"Charles has always been there for me. He has always protected me as best he could. When a was younger, I wasn't as careful with my powers as I could be. Having the ability to make other do as you wish with just a word. The ability to make them see things with just a few syllables, is a very powerful thing. And power can sometimes turn a person's head. I did things in my youth that I am not proud of. I went off the rails a little. I made others do and believe things that they wouldn't have, if I did not have my gift. But then Charles came to my rescue. He cared for me. Showed me that there was a better way. That my voice could be used for wonderful things. That it could create beauty and instil love and compassion in the hearts of others. He took me to my first singing lesson. Sat there, as learnt my craft. As I familiarised myself with the words of aria after aria. Opera after opera. My voice allowing audiences to experience these things like never before. So, here I am. Enchanting the world. Here to say thank you to the man that I owe so much." (Y/n) explained, as she continued to look up at the taller man. The diva finding herself more and more enchanted herself, by the feral's presence. Her heart beating at a pace, as he rested his forehead against hers.

"No.......this is insane. You don't know me. I only just met you. I want you to get to know me. Not just like me because of my voice. What it can make you do and see." (Y/n) protested, as she pulled away from the large feral. Logan catching hold of her wrist and pulling her back into his arms.

"You're right. This is insane. We don't know one another. We have only said a few words to one another. But have you said anything that would possibly make me feel for you as I do? That could possibly have stolen my heart. I don't think so. So, if you feel the same things that I do.......then this has nothing to do with your mutation, (Y/n). And if you do feel those things, then that must mean that this is the real thing." Logan told her. His hand delicately holding her chin, so that he could make her look at him. So, he could see her eyes.

"We can get to know one another, if that's what you want. We can do anything that you want. If you want me to turn around and go back into that room, so that we can pretend that this never happened. I'll do that. But if you don't want to lose this, whatever this is between us, then tell me. Because I don't want to let you go." The feral continued. His lips crashing into hers. (Y/n) wrapping her arms around his neck so that she could pull him closer. So that she could deepen the kiss. The two lost for a moment in one another. Lost to the world and their strange situation. The two jumping apart, at the sound of the party spilling into the alley, hit their ears. Charles smiling as he made his way into the cool night air.

"There you are my dear. I thought that I had lost you." The telepath said, as he moved to her side. The professor taking her hand and giving it a gentle squeeze. A small smile pulling at the corner of his lips, as he looked between his niece and the large feral that he had long ago come to see as a son.

"Have you two been having fun...................?"

"I............I just needed a little air. And as you were enjoying all the congratulations, I didn't want to drag you from your audience. Logan here had just come to make sure I was alright." (Y/n) explained. Giving Logan a soft smile. The female mutant hoping that her words would convince her uncle, that there was not more going on between her and the feral. Despite the fact that she was sure that Charles had already been able to sense the truth of what had gone on between her and Logan.

"I was actually hoping that I could go home. It's been a long day. I'm a little tired, and we have another performance tomorrow evening. I need to rest my voice." (Y/n) said, as Charles led her back into the building, with Logan close behind.

"Of course, my dear. But this time you are coming to the school. You have stayed in that hotel for too long. And I have a room waiting just for you. Logan and I will take you home, now. It will be so nice for you to meet the others. And perhaps you and Logan can continue to know one another better while you are there." Charles agreed with a smile. The pair saying their goodbyes before the trio left the party. Logan making his way to the car and opening the door for (Y/n), before helping the professor. The large feral finding himself smiling as he looked in the rear-view mirror at (Y/n). Logan more than happy to know that she was going to be under the same roof as him. That his Queen of the Night wouldn't be too far away.