Part 194

Patch was a place Neo thought she would never visit, and yet, here she was. Sat on the edge of a personal transport with a dog. Y/N's dog, to be specific.

The pooch was taller than her and seemed to have ice in his veins, brushing off anything short of his owner.

Puckering her lips, she whistled to the stoic dog, and when he didn't respond, she lost herself in an unknown tune.

Looking to the depths of the trees surrounding her, she soon saw him.

It was almost another march of death, but now Y/N seemed far more stable, reasonable. However, she didn't expect him to show any mercy.

"Ready?" He asked, stepping in.

Hanging onto the transport, Neo got a grand view of Patch as they lifted off, the same was said for the dog after seating himself in the cockpit.

The ride was going to be short, their destination could even be seen on the horizon. But today was the day, it was time to spring their plan.

________________________________

The entirety of Kuo Kuana felt like a ghost town. Not a peep of activity could be seen or heard, even when Y/N stepped foot off his transport.

Death was immediately on guard, pushing his cloak back to make accessing his arsenal a breeze. As well as displaying a pouch on his thigh and others on the back of his waistband.

Speaking of, four of his eight senses caught something in the wind. He heard the clatter of something soft on ceramic and smelled the smoky aroma drifting off a freshly cooked food, a meal he could taste from memory.

Not many vendors and restaurants used ceramic in Kuo Kuana. That, combined with the immense aura he felt over his shoulders, pointed him right to Forest.

Clicking his tongue, Y/N gained Boss's attention, having the service dog freeze with his tail and ears in the air.

"Go." Y/N whispered, pointing to their six.

Boss immediately turned and ran in the opposite direction to hide and wait for Y/N's call.

Reaching into a pouch beside his trauma pack, Y/N pulled his beckoning bell free to quickly and subtly ring it.

He gave no quarter to Forest. If he wanted to escalate, he would allow it. And with Kuo Kuana practically empty, he didn't need to worry about collateral damage.

Reaching back, he pulled Sovereign free, and with a small grunt, threw the sword into the sky.

"It's finally begun, has it?"

Chester approached from behind to stare up at the sky, unable to find the sword hidden in the clouds. Neo seemed curious about his mask.

"So it would seem..."

Insight wasn't necessary to be called upon, it was a one-way call, beckoning to another Hunter across the void.

Amelie had answered his call, as did a few other League members who were outfitted with heavy firearms and light weaponry.

The once third-in-command wore her old garb, a dark blue coat on top of dress pants and shoes. As were the others.

Amelie's weapon of choice was a Reiterpallasch, a bloodtinged dueling saber with a heavy pistol built into the guard. As for the others, they had an assortment of Beasthunter Saifs, Beast Cutters, Boom Hammers, and Gatling Guns. Loadouts for quick offense and heavy support.