Part 170

In the early morning, a sharp knock on the door woke Harriet. The rhythm of the sound alone made her jump from the warm depths of the bed.

She, of course, scared Y/N, who was seated to the TV with a cup of coffee in hand.

The two were still, one with a questioning gaze and the other with settling anxiety.

"Someone—you know?" Y/N asked, setting his cup down.

Reaching for and opening her scroll, Harriet saw the display replace with a clear and live picture.

"It's Robyn!" She hissed.

"Robyn??" Y/N frowned. "Why is she here?"

"I don't know!"

Rushing out of bed, Harriet stood before the door to catch her breath and make an attempt at fixing her disheveled hair.

Y/N sunk into the couch, going just low enough to hide and wait. Now hearing the heavy door slide open, he listened in.

"Uhh, hey."

"Harriet."

"Oh, well, good morning to you too, Clover."

You're kidding me...

When Y/N strained his ears, he heard more than just a couple people outside the door. It was safe to assume that everyone had come along.

"Can we talk?" Clover asked, his tone gentle.

"Now's really not the time." Harriet sighed.

"Harriet." Robyn clicked her tongue with an unseen roll of her eyes. "This is serious."

She scoffed in return. "So am I."

"We just want to talk." Clover sighed, feeling an onset migraine. "What's so bad about that?"

"Oh," Harriet chuckled with a not so joyous grin. "So, now you want to talk?"

Need to do something...

Y/N had thought about it, how conflicting the air would be if this relationship were to actually happen. It wasn't anything bad per say, but the awkward revelation and after effects would certainly get in the way.

"I didn't want to talk the moment you began berating me instead of supporting me." Robyn replied heatedly. "You know, like a friend?"

"Alright!" Y/N startled the group with a raised voice. "That's enough."

Y/N's had his fair share of breaking up fights. One like this? It was very mild in comparison to the stress or anxiety induced fights some Hunters got into.

Setting aside his coffee and standing from the couch, Y/N made his strict presence known.

Clover, Robyn, Vine, and Elm. They were of course surprised by his sudden appearance, but more so of the fact that he was already up and out of bed, possibly Harriet's bed of all places as well.

Yet, they couldn't bombard him with their already building questions, or greet him with a handshake or hug. Not when they saw the no nonsense frown on his face.

"Inside." He told them with a finger pointed to the couch.

Despite his wrinkled nightwear, they followed his stern order. Clover and Robyn did so without resistance or with mild reluctance. Vine didn't take it personally, and Elm was more excited about his sudden appearance than caring of the ongoing drama, she even shot him a small wave when passing.

As for Harriet, he raised a calming hand, but insisted that she join them.

Releasing a quiet sigh, she did so as well, but opting to take the furthest seat from Robyn.