Part 145

After the filling lunch, the two had made the walk back home, where another fire was started and Y/N sat in a bath of hot soapy water.

As he sat there, thinking, he felt hesitant. The journey from his bedridden state to where he was now felt short, but Y/N felt that was just his reluctance to leave.

That's right, he didn't want to break to the news to Sienna about his departure tomorrow, but he had other things to do, some as important and valued as simply spending time at her side.

He had already held off for an additional week, he was eager to see Harriet, Fria, and the others. There was also the fact Glynda hadn't visited last weekend due to end of the year scorings.

He felt more than capable to go out on his own, to seek the help he so desperately desired, to see his wife for an upcoming anniversary, and even catch up with a certain Specialist. Albeit a bit more cautiously.

A heavy sigh left his lips, blowing away a small pile of bubbles in the process.

Then it's settled...

Despite how relaxed he was in the tub, he could only dread what was waiting outside the door.

Would she be angry? Understanding? How would she feel? There's a chance her response could be as calm and leveled headed as she was in combat, or as cold and furious as the Captain who once appeared on a daily basis.

Y/N could stare down the most frenzy inducing Beasts or Gods without a problem, but when it came to the emotional repercussions Sienna may give, he was in all honesty, scared.

He took a deep breath, again pushing a mound of bubbles away as he cleared his mind and attempted to calm his anxious heart.

The bathroom door opening only made matters worse. Usually, Y/N wouldn't be so keen on someone just barging in, but that someone was Sienna, so there wasn't much to dispute.

He had gotten used to her daily presence, so much so that he merely settled into the water as she approached, knowing there wasn't much to be seen under the sheen of bubbles.

"Are you okay?" She asked tenderly as she sat by his side.

Being so absorbed in thought and the relaxing bath, Y/N hadn't realized how long he had been in it.

"Yeah." He nodded.

"You're sure?"

"Mhm."

Sienna held a scrutinizing gaze, a stare Y/N could feel, bearing down on him.

She hummed, unconvinced. "You can tell me, you know?"

Y/N squeezed his eyes shut while his breath was stuck in his throat.

You're not making this any easier.

"Well..." He cleared his throat. "I don't think I'm in the best position to tell you."

The tigress immediately paused. "Oh..."

Y/N bit his tongue, watching in the corner of his eyes as she pushed a stray bang of dark hair away as she stood.

"Okay... I'll be out here."

He exhaled heavily when the door eventually closed behind her, the sound of its click leaving behind an echoing ring that highlighted the ensuing silence.

"You're overreacting." Ludwig told him as he stood by the sink.

I'm not taking relationship advice from myself.

"You seem to forget that I was married twice as long as you."

I'm not taking advice from a man that was in a relationship a million years ago. Social norms have changed.