Part 51

Pulling a key from his pocket, Y/N let it's small jagged edges contour to his hand. He walked the streets with Qrow who inspected the town with a mild amazement.

"Been a while since I saw a place like this." The Huntsman commented, walking with a slight hunch with his hands stuffed in his pockets.

"They handle security pretty well here." Y/N replied with a hum.

"Yeah." Qrow gave a small scoff, in the corner of his eyes he saw a couple guards watching him from the rooftops. "No kidding."

"Branwen isn't a good name around here." Y/N quietly added. "Especially red eyed ones."

His friend grunted in return. "I can tell."

"Just stay close, no doubt they're more curious than suspicious."

"That famous round here?" Qrow asked with a raised brow.

"Too famous." Y/N responded vaguely.

The Huntsman merely hummed, he knew when to drop a subject, not to say he didn't know what he meant.

Y/N took a turn and pushed open a door to see a long hallway of apartments, he instead took a staircase to the very top.

"This is the place." He said, sliding the key in to a knob, clicking the lock then entering.

Qrow pursed his lips to the side, noting how this was the only door on the entire floor.

Peaking in past the door's frame, Qrow gave a quiet whistle, clearly impressed.

"Nice place." He commented.

"It's not mine." Y/N stated, causing Qrow to quickly frown.

He disappeared upstairs before he could get a word off, leaving the lone Huntsman to mindfully wonder the area with his hands still to himself.

Nothing could possibly go wrong if he didn't touch anything, that's what he repeated in his mind, hoping a stray dish didn't fall from a cabinet to shatter, or an electrical fire didn't coincidentally spark.

His eyes wandering, Qrow almost immediately spotted a guitar hung neatly on the wall, while underneath it were a set of photos in frames.

One reflected light from outside, affectively blurring out the faces of who may be in it.

Shaking his head to himself, Qrow sheepishly sat in a chair pushed to a kitchen's island.

He waited for some time until a pair of much heavier footsteps came thumping down the stairs.

Qrow expected something similar from Y/N in their days in Beacon, a set of heavy armor with a versatile sword and shield. But what he saw in his peripherals was anything but the past.

Lifting and adjusting the collar to his black jacket, Y/N sighed and rolled his shoulders to hear clicking metal beneath from armored chest piece.

Walking to what Qrow thought was a broom closet, Y/N pulled it open to see a weapon safe hidden within. It was much too large for Sangria's singular load out, but with a bit of insistent kindness, Y/N shared it with her now.

His gloved finger typed in a specific code, causing heavy metal bolts to click and a moderately loud beep to momentarily shrill.

Curiously leaning back to peak at what was inside, Qrow's eyes widened at what he saw.

Fully expecting to see a weapon or two max, Qrow instead saw five. He watched as Y/N clicked two to each thigh, one to behind his waist, revealing a line of pouches under the hem of his jacket, and finally a large sword and angry looking rifle to his back.