Part 138

The rest of the day was like a calm spring breeze. Warm, slow, yet gentle.

The crackle of the fire had slowed, now being sustained by a chopped log every hour or so to keep the house warm.

Y/N held a rope, said rope was looped into a full jug of water.

He did the same thing from before, curling his bicep in a slow-motion and well-practiced form. He was at peace, his mind clear while his muscles worked.

The rest of the exercise was painful yet always peaceful. It was just as before, the pain was simply that, just an emotion.

Y/N was sure he could lift a hundred times what the water weighed, but the simple motion and the sheer number of reps alone felt soothing, calm.

Sienna was at his side the whole time, assuring he didn't hurt himself and aiding him when needed.

The moment was never silent as they devolved into an eventual conversation.

"That water is meant for those with aquatic traits."

Y/N cringed as he drank a bottle of saltwater. "Y-yeah, I can tell."

He remembered a long time ago taking something very similar, a little pill made of pure salt.

"It's not so bad when you get used to it." He muttered, feeling his stomach churn.

"I'm no expert, but that can't be very healthy."

Y/N guessed that had to do with his anatomy. The overwhelming amount of sodium was the opposite of unhealthy for him.

Y/N shook his head. "Doctor's orders."

Sienna wasn't going to question a doctor's knowledge, especially when that was Maya.

He continued the exercise, it was short, but the time added up when he did it three times a day.

Sienna noticed something then, it wasn't worrying, only reminding her of something.

He knocked on his back a few times throughout the exercise, just soft little taps to momentarily soothe the area around his scar.

Sienna had lost count of the number of times she had cleaned the area. It was only natural to wonder what exactly happened on the battlefield that day.

She wanted to ask, but her worry stopped her. She didn't want the same thing occurring from earlier, how he simply stared at his arm, frozen, deaf to her calls, it was heartbreaking.

He eventually finished, just in time for the normal nighttime routine.

"Here." She offered her arm to pull him up and guide him to the bathroom, each step growing hesitant along the way.

"I think I can handle it from here." He said, his hand on the doorknob.

Sienna thought about telling him how she had done this about a hundred times or so, but a slight tilt of her head and a glare was all he needed to quickly concede.

"Never mind." He muttered as he was guided in.

In a way, he had found someone much more hardheaded than he was, and maybe even someone scarier than Glynda. Both were impossibly high bars to surpass.

He had always respected Glynda for reminding him of his wrongs, either with the scary glint in her eyes or a disappointed sigh. But Sienna somehow took that to another level.

The bathroom was like the rest of the home, small but cozy. Expensive as well.

Y/N had disrobed, but not entirely. Once that was done she seated him in a wide tub while she remained on its edge.