Part 146

Y/N stared at his reflection, pondering the day ahead to get a much needed head start.

There was a lot to settle within a strict time frame, it's the main reason he was up so early, the stars were even still visible in the night sky.

After a long moment of lining up his schedule, he flicked the light off and made his way to the bedroom where Sienna sat, watching with a visibly downcast expression.

Y/N wasn't much of a hog when it came to space around the house, keeping all his belongings in far off corners and away from a path of hindrance. It's why he searched the far back of her closet, to find a hanger holding an arrangement of dark cloth.

"You're going to wear that?" Sienna asked curiously, her voice mildly hoarse from just waking up.

"Yeah..." He sighed.

He wasn't sure how to feel about Jun's final gift. On one hand, it was made with his heart and soul, to embody this wrath that was named Death. And in the other, he was content with it, fine with how people may look at him while adorned in his midnight apparel.

It was Ludwig at his side that finalized his decision, a ghostly reminder that he was going to embrace this new identity.

"Unfortunately, people are still trying to kill me." He said with a small groan, pulling the hanger free.

Sienna waited and watched as he dressed. She hadn't personally seen the full product, but what she saw so far she liked.

Y/N once pictured himself adorning the black suit in a time of need, or perhaps in a desperate measure of action. But no, his first time slipping it over his shoulders would be as casual as a walk in the park.

He first started with socks, from there he built himself up, going to the dress pants, looping a smooth belt into its waist and clicking a silver buckle with his personal emblem engraved into its glinting metal.

The dress shirt was different from the last, its hem was tucked under his pants, while its color was the same as the rest of the garments, an onyx black.

He wasn't sure what Jun was going for here, maybe the color was metaphorical, standing for the grim moniker he seemed to predict. Or perhaps he had seen the many outings he shared with Sable, and judged her character before his, making the outfit's color in memorial to her name, dark on the outside with lighter roots.

Either way, Y/N liked to think it was the latter, just to give an inkling of a reminder to what he fought for.

Before fully buttoning the dress shirt, he tucked his necklace underneath, its cold metal giving him a little shudder when touching his bare flesh.

Unlike Jun's last rendition, this suit didn't hide a harness, so he got right to slipping on a new vest after fastening a dark tie.

Its material was soft, while its texture was close to that of denim, thick and providing heavy contrast to the outfit with rectangular buttons made of silver.

"I had no idea black was your favorite color." Sienna joked with a small smile.

Y/N hummed while inspecting his wear. "I kinda like it..."

It wasn't much different in terms of what he's worn before, the fit was perfect and comfortable, as apposed to his old garb which consisted of heavy, thick leather.

The added bonus to his outfit was a harness, new and improved with added ascetics that reflected Y/N's life in Vacuo.

He looped his arms into a harness, clicking it in place over his chest, above his waist band, and on the side of his thighs.