Part 32

He was stuck in a terror he never felt before, even when he faced death itself so many times before. He was afraid to go forward, knowing all he wanted was to forget what lied ahead.

"Where there is darkness, there is light. And sometimes, one can lead to the other."

Viviane sat before Y/N, patiently waiting as he wiped his eyes free of tears.

"You hate yourself. Why?" She asked soothingly. "Why loath something so beautiful that you wish it death?"

"I never wanted to be like this..." He quietly replied. "All I ever wanted, was to not be alone. Now the only one I ever loved can't stand the sight of me."

A scene played out before them, yet Viviane gave him her utmost attention.

It was their home, the same layout Glynda adored so much hadn't changed in the slightest. The sun was nowhere to be seen, leaving it's interior pitch black.

It's door opened, a man came through and shut it behind himself. His expression was blank with his eyes heavy with pain and a lack of sleep.

He moved through the home with a slow and almost uncaring pace, only to drop down on a couch to simply stare at the wall.

"She said so herself..."

"Y/N??" Glynda stood by the stairs, her eyes narrowing with anger. "Where have you been?!"

She marched forward with a growing glare, she couldn't see him through the darkness yet spoke anyway.

"It's been over a week, Y/N. A WEEK! Does this even matter to you anymore?! Huh?!"

"It's all that ever mattered to me."

Seeing that he was ignoring her, Glynda angrily turned the lights on to see what condition he was in once again.

Y/N sniffled with tears pooling in his eyes, he couldn't even stand the thought of looking at her, not in his condition.

His hair was matted down and almost tangled with a shiny glint of grease. His clothes were stained with alcohol and torn from yet another fight. All he was, was broken.

"Are you even listening to me?!" She then held her head with a frustrated growl. "I swear! You aren't even the same anymore!"

She didn't know of what he suffered from, the reasons he disappeared without a word.

"All I was, was a burden." The downed Y/N said. "Like a crack in the road, I didn't even want to tell her with how much she dealt with at work. Even when I did, it never changed..."

"I-I can't stop it." Y/N sobbed, catching Glynda's attention. "All I see is-is Gretchen, and those people we couldn't save--the-the children couldn't even-! There was so much fire! I couldn't get through with the Grimm! T-they were everywhere!"

Glynda watched in shock as he held his head, nearly squeezing it. His breathing turned heavy with his eye shut and his teeth grit. "They ran back! They thought they could save someone! I couldn't stop them a-and they just died!"

Glynda quickly ran forward, trying to calm her husband and speak to him through his sputtered nonsense.

"Y/N? Calm down, listen to me-" She was smart, she knew what was happening to him.

"There were so many! Just-just all over the road! Kids and their--so much blood everywhere-!"

"I couldn't save them." Y/N mused with his eyes half lidded, his tone turning shaky. "They just wouldn't listen."

Viviane soon felt the warmth of surrounding flames, burning homes, businesses and people themselves.

They ran with screams of terror only to attract more Grimm from the surrounding woods.