Part 149

Y/N had declined an offer of lunch with Ozpin, not for anything personal, just the thought of another run in with someone made the thought of food unappetizing.

The two made the short walk to the pier where a personal transport was on standby. It's thick walls and the sound of its muffled engines gave Y/N a much needed break from the outside.

"I don't know how I feel about one of your students apprehending me." Y/N said to the Headmaster.

Ozpin hummed while his fingers tapped on his cane. "Embarrassed?"

"No." Y/N replied, unbothered. "Someone she doesn't have any clue of, who could possibly be highly dangerous, caught her eye. And the first thing she thinks of is apprehending them?"

He shook his head, teetering between emotions. "I don't know whether to shake her hand for her bravery, or yell at her for doing something so stupid."

His words applied to anyone, especially if it were a kid trying to catch someone they knew very little of.

"They're children," Ozpin told him soothingly. "They haven't fully grasped the dangers of the world."

Y/N grunted in affirmation. "I was hoping Port would be telling more than just cabbage stories."

"What would you be telling them?" He asked, half amused and half curious.

"I could've told her how I was planning to kill her," Y/N then shrugged. "Maybe then she'd know better than to sneak up on someone."

"But you didn't."

"Only because of the fact she wore the uniform." Y/N huffed. "It's not the first time some kid tried to kill me."

Ozpin understood how harsh of a place Vacuo was, it could condition anyone to prepare for the worst. That alone was multiplied when Monroe had taken the reins.

He was sure he could never teach his son that the world wasn't all bad. But that argument was futile when he had it hardwired into his brain, and painted completely over his soul.

The rest of the flight was short, but just before it ended, Y/N spoke.

"I need to talk to you about something. It's important."

Ozpin offered a curt nod in return. If it was from Y/N, then he was sure something was amiss.

School was in session, so any and all students were well within Beacon's wall. It made the landing bay a perfect place to converse.

As the automated pilot took flight, Y/N crossed his arms and released a small sigh.

"I'm going to be blunt with you, because frankly, it's not worth any of our time. And if you have anything to say about it, save it, it's in the past. You understand?"

Ozpin nodded while setting his cane on the tarmac.

Y/N hummed before speaking. "I was remarried. To who, doesn't matter. She was murdered... I've been—getting over it all. But I figured that you should know that I found the ones responsible... killed 'em."

Y/N's tone was even, neutral. He still missed Sangria, but at this point he cherished her memory rather than drowned himself in it. However, that even voice remained as he continued.

"Marcus Black and Raven Branwen. People we both knew very well."

Ozpin's eyes widened ever so slightly at the utter of such a names. He knew Marcus was a troublemaker, and Raven was just troubled, but Y/N knew more than that.

"Marcus is dead. I killed him as well as his little circle. As for Raven, I cut her loose after getting rid of that tribe she went on about."

Uncrossing his arms and sticking his hands in his pockets, he then directed his voice to his father.