Part 158

Y/N's usual morning routine had him at his daughter's side, thinking, talking. Really anything to keep her company while the morning sun rolled in.

"The message came through last night, anyone and everyone who searches my name will find absolutely nothing, not even your mother has a link to me... it's like I never even existed."

It was a strange feeling, that was for sure. But in the end of all the surreality, there was relief. He made it almost impossible for anyone to trace down his very existence, the only traces would be news papers from his Huntsman days, and even those were scarce at best.

"Maybe now I could finally settle down... Well, I'll try, anyway." He released a deep sigh as he warmed his hands in his pocket. "I don't see anyone coming here of all places, especially Patch."

His point was driven through when he heard the distant taps of someone's footfalls, he could only guess that it was a veteran Hunter on a morning run.

He was essentially surrounded by them, people Ozpin looked extensively into and brought into Beacon, either to guide the next generation or aid in a Relic's defense. Either way, it was just as secure as Atlas.

"You could probably tell..." Y/N cleared his throat. "I didn't sleep too well last night, that's when I usually get to thinking."

Staring down at the engraved letters of his daughter's name, he continued. "I'll be paying Menagerie a visit today, as soon as I see your mother off..."

If anyone were there to see it, they'd notice the worry conveyed through his (Eye Color) eyes. How heavy it was and how clear and evident it showed.

"I can't just leave something like that be..." He whispered, shaking his head. "I can't."

________________________________

"You've got everything you need? I saw a few papers left in your office."

"Those can wait for the end of the week."

"Mmm, gotcha. And what about your crop?"

Glynda revealed the inside of her sleeve where her riding crop was tucked away, accounting for everything she needed to tackle the day.

"Looks like everything." Y/N nodded. "See you after work then."

Even in the living room Sienna could hear their little farewell. It was honestly hard to ignore when it was Glynda of all people.

She didn't know how to feel after all of this was made official. The envy was gone, now replaced with tinges of annoyance, almost jealousy.

It was stupid in her opinion, there was nothing to feel so harsh about when he dropped on the couch at her side and wrapped an arm around her, beckoning to her when he began to melt into the warm comfort.

"She seems tolerable." Sienna said, earning a hum that was sighed into her hair with his nose buried deep.

"You should feel so lucky," He mumbled before pulling away to tap his shoulder. "She saw your work last night."

"You're kidding..." She murmured with furrowed brows.

"Nope. She wasn't too happy either."

"W-what did you say??" She asked with evident embarrassment.

"I told her the truth," He replied nonchalantly. "It's something faunus do."

"Something faunus do." She muttered with a scoff.

"You didn't explain it too well yourself." He shrugged. "Don't worry about it, it's settled."

"How are you so—nonchalant about all of this?!"