Part 132

Glynda stared out into the distant sea, her mind in two places.

She enjoyed her profession, loved it, even. No matter how stressful some days had been she could always look to the weekend, a little reminder that home won't be empty for long.

She also thought of the island across the ocean, and how her scroll remained silent, empty. It was relieving to see that her husband was left at peace, yet also saddening.

She shook her head of the tailing negativity. She just needed to be patient and it would soon pay off.

"No lunch today?"

The Huntress clenched her fists, hiding the ring around her finger. She had been so lost in thought she hadn't heard the slight purr of an elevator.

The click of Ozpin's shoes echoed behind her, and soon enough the slight squeak of his favored chair.

"Not today, no." Glynda replied, taking a subtle breath of air.

Ozpin hummed in affirmation. He too found himself staring at the horizon, wondering what could be happening.

He cleared his throat and readjusted his glasses with a slight push, a little cue that Glynda identified over the years of their relationship.

He was ready for a talk, or nearing it, putting together the words to a serious question or announcement.

"I suppose I won't have to worry about - what they say - stepping on eggshells any longer." The professor said, his tone as neutral and stoic as ever.

He looked to Glynda to see indifference in her stature, unknowing of how she felt.

She had known Ozpin as a mentor for nearly half her life, and just a couple weeks ago she found out he was the closest thing to a father she ever had.

It was still surreal to think that he was once Y/N's biological father, and even more baffling when she knew how old he was and how this situation came about.

As much as she despised Ozpin for keeping such info a secret, she remembered the calm and sage words her husband had given her.

"How has he been?" Ozpin asked with a noticeable shift in his tone, a very uncharacteristic change. "Y/N?"

Glynda's fist relaxed, revealing the same gold ring Ozpin remembered.

She expected him to know about her strange and sudden outings, especially after staying home for so long. He had always been caring in his close observations.

"He's getting better by the day." She replied.

A long period of silence caught Glynda's attention. Turning to the professor, she saw his spectacles removed as he rubbed his temples.

"And Sovereign...?"

He was worried, as he has been for the past five years. Recent events did nothing to quell those thoughts.

"Why don't you ask him yourself?" Glynda asked. She had a feeling why, but she could never be sure with Ozpin.

"The last I had heard of him he threatened Rhodes," The headmaster sighed. "I fear in asking him I may offend him, or worse, undermine his abilities."

Glynda huffed, finding the answer acceptable. "He lost his connection with the sword."

"And he himself?"

The Huntress turned his way for a moment before again focusing on the ocean.

Ozpin skipped over the subject of Sovereign's condition, his tone suggested his faith in his son.