Part 121

Sienna sat under a spotlight, a blindingly bright position that did little to falter her or inch guilt into her heart.

A cushion beneath her was unsettled, unmoving, as was she.

Her eyes were unfocused, tired. Sienna couldn't remember the last time she had been under scrutiny, maybe when she was a child, just joining the White Fang.

But her ears were open, listening. Two voices tried their best to ask questions as they held worried and disappointed faces.

"You can't just go around assaulting people, Sienna."

Kali, the Chieftain's wife, scolded her like a puppy that did no good.

"We understand how you may feel." Ghira, the Chieftain himself, said. His powerful voice turned sympathetic. "Whatever it is he may have said, it doesn't warrant this."

They told her what they thought she wanted to know, applying sympathy or a pinch of empathy here and a dash of pity there. Yet, all Sienna heard was the absence of action.

It was utterly ridiculous how they led the White Fang but refused action. How could they pursue peace and equality when it conspired right under their noses?

"Do you know what I've been doing the past month?" Sienna asked the couple.

The intensity in her low voice gave them pause, allowing her to continue when they didn't answer.

"I couldn't even sleep the first couple of days." She raised a finger to them as her ears folded back. "I was outside managing the triage for everyone. Everyone."

Her amber eyes were narrowed, her eyebrows furrowed. "Even when Y/N came back and we all wanted to celebrate, I was back out there, finding whatever poor soul might have died. Because you know-they fought for us, our land."

Her appointed finger turned into a clenched fist, a fist she so desperately wanted to slam through the table they sat to.

"There was barely anyone out there, let alone a body to put together... but what I did find was either faunus or human; some of them even had letters tucked into their pockets or shoes. And I took it upon myself to send those letters, even the human ones..."

She took a deep breath, controlling the utter rage she held for her people.

"Do you know why I hit that man?" She asked the shocked and saddened couple but gave them no time to answer. "It's because of those people, the ones who came here to fight on our behalf when they could've easily stayed in their respective kingdoms... And I've sent those letters, read the names they went out to and what address. There are families out there receiving their loved ones, widowed mothers burying their only son or no one at all... I did every last one."

She pursed her lips, steeling her shaken nerves. "The people are spoiled brats that need to learn to appreciate what they've got. Cause if it weren't for them, for Y/N, we wouldn't be here."

Sienna remembered the second time she crossed paths with Y/N, how much disbelief and doubt she conveyed, and how unbothered he was of her opinion.

He was just as much a hero as those that died. He may think nothing of the harsh words coming his way or think how people shouldn't love him, but no matter what, Sienna thought otherwise.

"I-" Kali stopped short, detecting a very thick animosity in the air. She continued after a quick clearing of her throat. "We understand what he means to you-"

"Do you?" Sienna interrupted. "Because last I checked, you never even visited him."

"Sienna." Ghira called out sternly. "Please, just-"