Part 94

One day remained, and Y/N spent it mentally preparing himself.

"Imagine it as a type of flow, direct it from the palm of your hands to your fingertips, from there, down the sword."

Y/N twirled Sovereign between his fingers, gathering sufficient energy by the mere friction of his hand on its hilt.

His body heat transformed into a burning flame; it washed over the dark blade of his half-sword, turning it red hot with visible heat waves emanating over it.

"It'll be trickier than the usual aura infusion but far more dangerous. One little mistake, and you'll burn yourself."

Sable sat on a nearby stone, watching with the eyes of a hawk and ready to strike if he failed.

The heat quickly dissipated; its metal then slid across the underside of his vambrace, creating friction from his clothes to build a massive electrical current.

Y/N attacked an imaginary opponent, ducking and twirling the sword on his back before twisting his hips and swinging.

The electricity flowed off Sovereign, webbing into the sky with a deafening thunder clap echoing over a valley below.

"Good job," Sable said with widened eyes. "That's definitely an improvement."

Just wish you could see me now...

With the current discharged, he then gripped the handle firmly; the sword responded with its runes glowing a bright (Aura Color) and an ethereal mist in a matched hue.

Taking a slight running start, he let out an echoing war cry before unleashing a powerful wind current with his harsh swing.

The clouds, just within reach, blew away from the extreme pressure released from his attack.

The sun shined through, highlighting the glistening sweat on his face and glinting off the edge of his blade with its engraved face.

"Very good, but you can do better..."

Y/N nodded to her projected memory; he felt her words were true, every battle since then honed his magic, growing in potency and lethality.

She faded away as his aura shattered, powering down Sovereign and exposing Y/N to the cold air.

Feeling a pair of eyes on the back of his head, Y/N sheathed his weapon and turned their way.

A young man approached; he was in his early twenties with a white robe adjusted for maneuverability and combat.

Y/N almost immediately knew that it was one of the Guardians, a particularly monotone and professional one as well.

"Hello." He greeted with a curt nod.

Taking a deep breath, Y/N nodded back. "I didn't think your people would leave Solitude."

"Only a select few." He replied. "Our choice, of course."

Y/N hummed as the Ex-Guardian sat on the ground to cross his legs. "I'm guessing you could feel my presence."

"You would be correct."

Huffing and taking a seat where Sable previously was, Y/N spoke, curious. "Have you been keeping in touch with everyone else?"

"I have."

"How have they been? Viviane, Cèlian, Leah, and Coda I mean."

"Cèlian was put in charge after Viviane passed away last year..."

Y/N's brows furrowed, and his emotions dropped. He exhaled as he held his face in his hands, mourning such a wise and bright pillar that helped him see the light.