Part 27

"Hold on!" Y/N shouted, jogging up to the mysterious man. Célian showed the utmost patience as they continued walking, even while finishing his food. "What do you mean?"

"It's not an ancient prophecy if that's what you're wondering." The man humorously said through a mouthful of food.

"Then what is it??" Y/N asked, his brows furrowing with urgency.

Waving his arm in a calming motion, Célian happily answered Y/N's questions. "Preparation."

"For...?"

"For you." He bumped Y/N's elbow with his own. "We fully expected to wait another hundred years or so, but now isn't so bad either." He smiled. "You see, the emperor and empresses of Remnant were too... what's the word...? Erratic. The king had very few to trust, fortunately for him, Mantle's princess, had an open heart and open mind."

Listening intently as they approached the ocean with each and every step, Y/N was somewhat glad to have at least some answers.

"She denied her father's teachings, resented them even. She knew life was much more meaningful than war and it's instruments, eventually, she ran far away, a place even her father could not reach."

Passing a public trash bin, Célian tossed his sandwich wrapper away along with his now empty drink.

"She found herself on death's door when she arrived in Solitude, the residents happily welcomed those eager enough to learn. The king, as wise as he was, sought out this symbol of peace and love with a proposition."

Approaching a man down on his luck, Célian stopped and shrugged off his coat, revealing a near overwhelming amount of cloth that overlapped on a deep blue robe. He then handed the thick article of clothing to the absolute stranger.

The local man gave his utmost appreciation with his hands clasped around Célian's, he was wished farewell and good health before he moved on.

Y/N, watching the somber exchange, quickly handed the beggar a small clasp of his own lien.

Leaning forward, the downed man captured Y/N's hand in a tight intersecting handshake. "Many thanks, brotha'."

Nodding to him, Y/N quickly caught up to Célian who continued his story.

"It was said that she prepare for the arrival of his offspring, and when the time is right, they would retrieve his mighty sword and finish what he could not. And all she would take in return, is his promise to keep her location a secret."

"Doesn't seem like a fair trade." Y/N added, and it wasn't. It was a complete gamble that it would even pull through.

"Not for her, no." Célian waved his arm in a wide arc. "But for the people of Remnant? Even just a chance at true unification and peace, that meant more to her than what the king could ever give."

"And she's... still here?" Y/N asked hesitantly, it has been nearly seventy years since the great war after all.

"She is." Célian nodded, his lips curled into a wide grin so bright it even effected Y/N in a way. "She'll be more than happy to speak to you, she has been waiting her entire life after all."

The rest of the walk was spent in silence, and with each step closer to his goal, Y/N felt the weight on his shoulders grow more and more.

Down a vast hill Argus was settled upon was a pier for sea fairing ships, either for trading, fishing or travel. A pier the duo walked upon housed but one ship.

"Hey! Hey, hold on!"

Several Atlesian troops stood on guard, armed and ready for what may even come from the city.