Part 150

Literally thousands of days of waking up and getting ready for class has conditioned Y/N with a sort of sixth sense.

He could tell from the positioning of the sun, and a feeling deep in his gut that classes were coming to an end.

After sitting at the edge of the cliff, thinking, talking, he stood with a small groan.

"It's been a hell of a journey..." He quietly said. "But I'm glad you were there to—to talk me out of my head."

Fixing and patting dust from his suit, he gave the ocean a small nod. "We'll talk again soon."

There, he turned and walked the long path to Beacon, his soul soothed and his heart swelling with each step.

Soon enough, he passed the towering figures of the founding Hunters and into the academy itself.

He could see everything, despite it being nearly 20 years, he could pick and tell it all apart. Even the memories that had been soured.

Entering the massive structure, he immediately knew where to go, taking lefts and rights through long corridors, even ignoring personnel that seemed more than hesitant to allow him in.

Through the massive academy, he could hear the muffled exchanges of students and Professors, some heated and some joyous. But the one he sought was almost a combination of both, consisting of colliding metal and encouraging cheers.

Just a couple meters away was where Y/N stood, to look out a massive glass pane as the minutes ticked away.

"One day, I'd hope a structure like this is built in Yharnam..."

Ludwig enjoyed the view, finding peace in the lush land surrounding Beacon and the distant collection of homes Y/N was so keen on seeing again.

Maybe...

Y/N had little hope for Yharnam, for, as long as that plight existed beneath the city, there was no true progression the city could seek.

"You're being pessimistic."

Can you blame me?

"No." Ludwig sighed. "I suppose not. But there's always a chance for change."

And an equal chance at another disaster.

"Even so, the Nightmare has ended, the citizens may have learned from their mistakes."

Maybe... I'm sure the League would want to destroy whatever's left.

"You see?" He smiled. "There was still hope. They follow Valtr's lead, they very well could have—"

Ludwig looked off to the side, to the source of a mass of footsteps, all students hurrying to their dorms for the much appreciated weekend.

Y/N breathed a quiet sigh of relief when no one noticed him, or even bothered to approach. It was a burst of much needed privacy he often found hard to find within these very walls.

As a few stranglers came running out of the classroom, he finally moved, approaching the open door with a few long strides.

Once inside, he was hit with a nostalgic and familiar atmosphere, only made through countless hours of training and sparring. He even felt a pang of sorrow and longing when he was the only one of the pair to enjoy it.

All of that quickly washed away when he heard a familiar voice, sweet and soft, even when used with a scolding sting.

Some unfortunate student had been kept behind for the after class talk, one Y/N had gotten a fair amount of times in his youth.