Part 45

"We've got a bit of a walk ahead of us." Sangria set down a paper sack full of supplies to last the day. They were stood outside the general goods store and with Vacuo being the way it is, it had a wide variety of essentials.

"What did you have in mind?" Y/N asked, he raised an eyebrow when the Ex-Ranger made a circle with her finger.

He turned around with his back facing toward her to hear his pack zip open. "There's a perch a few miles east, pretty sure you already met a little birdy that stays there."

"Who would that be?" Y/N called back to her with his head slightly tilted.

Sangria paused for a moment as she slid a bottle of water into his pack. She stared at a photo peaking out from one of the many pockets, on it's shining surface was a woman roughly a couple decades younger than herself.

She had a smile as her head bumped against another. With bright green eyes and golden hair it made her out to be a beautiful young woman.

Sangria didn't need to be a genius to figure it out, instead of butting into his business she carefully continued packaging the rest of the supplies, being sure not to damage the photo.

"April Zedong." Sangria replied. "She was one of the first volunteers to help with that colony mess."

Lifting his bag and giving it a short drop, Sangria was pleased to see the supplies were well packed. She zipped it closed and patted Y/N on the shoulder.

"A local." Y/N stated, recalling the incident over a month back. "There was alot going on, I barely remember anyone."

"Kinda pink hair?" Sangria gestured to how long it would be with a hand below her shoulders. "Blue eyes?"

Y/N wore a thoughtful expression as he followed the woman. It was difficult to remember with how much was going on, not to mention he wasn't paying attention to hair color in the first place.

"No idea." Y/N finally said.

"You'll see." She gave a small grunt. "She wouldn't stop yapping about you a week straight."

"That goes for anyone around here." Y/N responded dryly.

Sangria released a short laugh. "Yeah, guess so."

In the early morning sun, Y/N got a better look at his complicated friend's attire. She ditched the professional outfit for something much more casual and comfortable for the weather.

Her shin high boots remained, they fit snugly over a pair of fitted blue jeans with a jacket tied around her waist. It made a slight rustling as she walked, insinuating it was water proof and blocked out wind.

On a plain black shirt she had her rifle strapped over her shoulder, it's bandolier was supposedly hidden under her jacket.

Lastly, her hat remained at home, instead she kept her hair in a half up half down style, giving her an entirely new air of personality.

Nevertheless, he followed her to the edge of town just past the bullhead landing bay, they stood on a small hill for Sangria to point to a distant mountain, not as tall as the one they stood on Y/N noted

"That's April. Let's go."

There was a steady decline down the mountain with tightly packed rocks, much too solid to give way even to Y/N's heavy weight.

The added mass to his kit wasn't a hindrance in the slightest, but Y/N still caught and appreciated the worried glances from Sangria.

Ahead of the duo was a large drop off, it provided a natural barrier against Grimm while retaining a very possible climb for anyone with experience to do so.