671-680

Chapter 671 Leave a Letter for Refund 1

When they arrived, Father Lu was driving a mule cart, carrying the dried sweet potatoes from the field back to the granary, wearing an old military uniform that had been washed white and patched, and a sweaty white towel draped around his neck. .

"Comrade Lu Zhiyuan!" Cheng Baoguo came up and shook Father Lu's hand.

Facing Cheng Baoguo, whose attitude was so enthusiastic and a little abnormal, Father Lu was stunned. He looked down at the letter and remittance slip that Cheng Baoguo had put in his hand, and said, "Ajiang and Xiaoxue, give it to me. Has it been sent? It's been less than a month since I received the letter and remittance slip last time? I told them not to send it."

Cheng Baoguo was almost choked by him, "Brother, read the content above before you speak!"

Father Lu was even more strange. In front of so many people, Cheng Baoguo called him old brother? This has never happened. After Feng Qingxue and Xi Bao visited relatives and followed the army, Cheng Baoguo had no reason to come often.

"Listen to what you said, I have to take a closer look." It must be a very important letter, otherwise Cheng Baoguo would not be the postman.

Father Lu thought while looking at the contents of the envelope. When he saw it, his hands trembled, "This is a letter from the leader? Why did the leader write to me?"

No one dared to write a letter in the name of the leader, and few people could imitate the leader's handwriting.

The Lu family kept the IOUs and thank-you letters from decades ago. Father Lu could recognize the leader's handwriting at a glance, but compared to the IOUs and thank-you letters, the calligraphy of this letter was very harmonious and the level was better than that of the letter. Ten times before.

"Yeah!" Cheng Baoguo said, "Look at what instructions the leader gave in the letter. We are all here to understand. Before that, the government also received a telegram instruction from the leader, asking us to take good care of you. In your later years, we are discussing this matter, and before we reach a conclusion, the letter from the leader to you has arrived."

This is also the main reason why they came forward as soon as they received the report from the post office.

Letters from leaders alone? It's impossible for so many people to come forward. This is because many hardworking people, especially the leaders' fellow villagers, whose life is too difficult to live on, will write letters to the leaders for help, and the leaders will send them living expenses every time. I'm used to it, I don't find it very strange.

Father Lu's heart moved, "Then I'll open it up and take a look."

He thought about it for a while, and asked Cheng Baoguo to hold the letter for him. He washed his hands by the river and wiped it off with a towel when he came back. Then he carefully opened the letter, showing his respect for the leaders everywhere.

"What did the leader say?" Cheng Baoguo asked after Father Lu read it. What about a very thick letter.

Father Lu was excited and pretended to be calm, "The leader said several things. The first thing was to thank our family for the money and goods donated to the soldiers during the Anti-Japanese War. People felt bad about it, so they specially sent me 300 yuan for living expenses. The second thing was that the leader mentioned Xiaoxue and Xibao, and the two were fortunate to be cordially received by the leader. Living conditions, I highly appreciate our party secretary."

Wang Zhengguo, who heard that Cheng Baoguo and other government officials came to arrange the work in the field, rushed over in a hurry. When he got there, he heard what Lu's father said, and he couldn't believe his ears.