The talking dead - Part 1 - Avengers x X-Men x Reader

A new book should be started with a new imagine. So here we are. Enjoy.

"What happened to the order to leave someone alive? What part of that didn't you understand, Stark?" Steve huffed over the coms, as Stark buzzed overhead. The captain, along with the others, surveying the scene in hopes of finding one Hydra agent alive, so that they could find out what the hell was going on. Only to find, that Tony seemed to have blasted the last man standing.

The mission was supposed to be simple. But there again, according to Fury, they were all supposed to be simple. The Avengers usually finding, that in fact, they were never that simple at all. These simple missions typically ending up with one of them, if not all of them, nearly getting their asses shot off. And todays little fray had proved to be just like the rest.

S.H.I.E.L.D had had reports that a new Hydra base had been set up somewhere in the Bolivian rainforest. And of course, Fury had decided that that wasn't something that he liked. So, much to their chagrin, the team had been sent into the sweatbox of a jungle. None of them particularly prepared for the difference between fighting in a dense forest, and urban settings. The urban setting, most had to concede, was far more their forte. The thickly packed trees, making it difficult for Tony, Sam and Clint to actually do their jobs properly.

Yet somehow, they had managed to do the impossible. The team coming up against a heavily armed cell, yet still coming out on top. But Fury had ordered that one of the cell should be brought back to S.H.I.E.L.D headquarters, so that they could find out why Hydra would want to build a base out in the middle of nowhere. Other than the fact that it would make the base harder to locate. But as usual, Tony had to be Tony, and take it upon himself to mess things up.

"Hey! That wasn't my fault. I couldn't see a damn thing through that canopy, so I'm not to blame for that guy being in the wrong place at the wrong time. I'm not getting blamed for that dumb ass getting himself killed. One of you guys could have left someone alive, but noooooooo. The one armed bandit, and birdbrain have to go and have a 'who can kill the most' competition. So, don't blame me!" Tony protested, as he gingerly lowered through the thick foliage and landed back on solid ground. The billionaire not liking how he seemed to get criticised whenever anything went wrong.

"Okay, okay. But what are we going to do now? Nat says that there's no intel of any use on their computer files. And we can't bring these guys back to life......." Steve asked, as he made his way over to were Tony now stood with the others.

"I think I might know someone that can help." Bruce called out, as he stumbled his way through the trees. The doctor clinging onto what was left of his tattered clothes after being the Hulk.

"How can someone help, Bruce? All these bozos are dead. We have about as much chance of getting an intelligent conversation out of these guys, as we do Wilson." Clint chimed in. Sending a smug grin Sam's way. The Falcon glaring at both the archer and the Winter Soldier, as Bucky let out an amused snort at the remark.

"I know someone, well......really.......I know someone that knows someone. And this particular someone has a particular gift. A gift that could really help. And if we can talk someone into letting us speak to that someone. Then we should be able to get our answers." Bruce sort of explained.

"Alright, we get it. But please for the love of God, no more someones! I think my brain is about to explode." Scott complained. Doing his best to figure out if Bruce actually knew someone at all.

"Okay Bruce. What will this someone of yours, need?" Steve asked, as he looked at the doctor.

"Well, they will need one of these bodies, so that they..........."

"They will need a body. Are you kidding me? You mean we have to take one of these stiffs with us? Oh, bagsy not sitting next to the corpse on the Quinjet." Sam interrupted. Huffing as Bucky began to imitate the sound of a chicken.

"What? Do ya think that they're gonna come back as a zombie or something. So much for the big, bad, Falcon. Anyway, I wouldn't worry if it did turn to a zombie, because if it's after brains, you ain't got enough to dip a chip into." Bucky scoffed, rolling his eyes.

"Alright you two, knock it off. Now, what would this person you know of, need a dead body for, Bruce? If they are a pathologist, I don't think that an autopsy is going to help us get the information that we require." Nat interjected, as she stepped in between the warring men.

"No, no. Nothing like a pathologist. What they can do, will give us much more information than any pathologist could ever give us. They will be able to find out exactly the same information we could have got from a live agent. All we have to do, is hope that they will help." Bruce explained. The others sure that none of this was any clearer than when Bruce had started.

"Fine. If it means that Bruce will stop talking, then we will take one of the bodies with us. There might be a body bag somewhere in the jet. We'll bag it up and put it in the hold. That should keep it for the journey home. Now, if no one has any objections, I would like to get out of here. My suit is filling up with my own sweat. And if I don't get it off soon, I might just drown." Tony said, as he tried to climb over some old fallen tree. The tendrils of the creepers that grew across it, catching onto his leg and sending the billionaire tumbling, much to the amusement of everyone except Tony himself. The others seeming to be able to negotiate the jungle better than the great Iron Man, much to his annoyance. Tony exclaiming that he never wanted to see another jungle again.

                                                               >>---------------------------------<<

Bruce brough up a screen in front of him. The doctor waiting for someone to answer his call. He had managed to clean up. Find some new clothes. And now all he had to do was see if he could persuade a certain someone, to let him talk to a certain someone else.

"Ah, Doctor Banner. So nice to speak to you again. How can I be of service?" A cool, calm, soft voice enquired. Bruce smiling, as he saw the image of older man, that was sat behind the large desk in his office.

"Professor Xavier. I am sorry for the interruption; I know that you must be busy. But we find that we are in desperate need of the help of one of your people. Normally I wouldn't ask. Its just that............"

"Not at all Doctor Banner. It is always a delight to help the Avengers. Now, who is it that you need?" Charles asked. The professor always happy to share resources with the Avengers.

"(Y/n)."

"Oh, you need that kind of help..............."