Alix x Stuttering! Reader

"(Y/N)! I pick her."

Chloé smirks at me as the whole class turns to face me. I sigh as I pick up my book.

I love Ms. Bustier as a teacher, but the activities she has us do are some complete garbage.

Right now, we have to pick another person to read certain sections of a passage. Ever since she learned about my stutter, Chloé started choosing me to read.

Don't get me wrong, I love reading, just not out loud.

I clear my throat even though I know it won't help.

"G-g-given the c-cont..ent of all stories are similar, we c-can c-c-conclude that..."

I stop reading partway through. I feel stupid. Can't we get someone else to read this for me?

Ms. Bustier gives me a sympathetic smile before looking around the class.

"We can come back to that part another time. Who's next?"

-

I close my locker with a sigh. Another day, another dysfunctional feature of mine ruining class again.

"That was a nice try back there."

I turn around and see Chloé.

What does she want with me? I've never understood that.

Ever since I got here, Chloé has always tried to get under my skin, but she always failed. Now that she knows about my speech impediment, it's the only thing about me she pays attention to.

"If you ask me, you should just give up now. Even poor, minimum wage jobs require you to speak to multiple people every day. If you can't get the simplest words out, how can you succeed in life?"

I glare as Chloé cackles that awful cackle.

"Fuck-k off, Chloé."

That just seems to make her laugh even harder. Why do I even try?

I shake my head just as the door opens.

"You heard her. Fuck off, Chloé."

I look around her to see Alix standing in the doorway. Did she hear everything?

Chloé struts over to Alix like she's the most important person in the room.

"Oh, now she has you speaking for her? That's even worse!"

Chloé proceeds to mock my speech impediment even more before Alix grabs her sunglasses and throws them out of the locker room.

As expected, Chloé chases after them like a dog. I smile and rub the back of my neck as Alix approaches.

"...thank you."

That's all I manage to say. I don't want to sound stupid in front of Alix just by trying to use a simple thank you.

I fidget with my fingers as I stand there awkwardly, not really knowing what to do.

For once, my heart starts fluttering when Alix grabs my hands. My eyes dart around, not knowing what she'll do.

She doesn't kiss me, but instead pulls me over to the door. Huh, I'm glad, yet still somewhat disappointed that I didn't get a kiss.

"Come on. I want to show you something you can enjoy without having to talk."