Alix x Best Friend! Reader

"Woooo! You go girl!"

I do a sassy finger snap as Alix zooms past me again. She's been working on this for I don't know how long, but I've been here to support her the whole time.

Alix and I are inseparable. When we met, we just clicked. I didn't think we would because she looked pissed when I met her, but it worked out in the end.

Alix rolls to a stop in front of me.

"Alix, that was incredible!"

Alix smiles and rubs the back of her neck.

"Thanks, but it's still not perfect."

I clamp my hands on her shoulders while smiling.

"It was incredible, as well as better than anything I could do. I can't even roll in a straight line without falling."

I lightly squeeze Alix's shoulders before letting go. She gathers her things before returning to my side.

"Come on. I think you deserve something special."

Alix lights up at the word 'special' and follows me around the city.

Even though I don't know a single thing about rollerblading, I still find it fascinating when Alix talks about it.

Just like how Alix doesn't know a single thing about my hobbies, she still listens intently when I talk about it.

Thinking about it makes me blush. Alix and I have been best friends for so long, I think I've started to develop feelings for her. I hope I'm not confusing my feelings with platonic love as romantic attraction.

We approach André's ice cream cart.

"Go ahead (Y/N), I have to take care of something real quick."

I nod as Alix rolls away. I turn to André with a smile.

"Is that young love I sense? Here, a scoop of strawberry ice cream to represent her hair, as well as a scoop of blueberry ice cream to represent her deep, blue eyes."

André tops it off with some walnuts.

"Finally, walnuts. She's hard on the outside, but soft on the inside."

I thank André as I go sit on a bench. Alix didn't just ditch me, did she?

I sigh as I take a bite of my ice cream, but turn my head when I hear the familiar sound of wheels rolling.

Alix sits next to me on the bench with her ice cream. Two scoops that have colors similar to my hair color and eye color. No toppings though. Damn, I'm bland as fuck, huh?

"Sorry about that. I had to talk to someone I saw real quick."

I smile as Alix takes a bite.

"It's fine. I'm just glad you told me before you left."

Alix puts her ice cream down.

"(Y/N), I would never do that. Is something wrong?"

My fingers tap on the bench as I look Alix in the eyes. She shifts closer.

"(Y/N), I'm your best friend. Tell me what's wrong."

I gain confidence when Alix places a hand on my arm. I inhale slowly as I figure out what to say.

"Alix, I like you, and I have for a long time. With the increase in akumatized villains, I didn't want to say anything to add stress."

Alix is just staring at me without saying anything.

Come on, I'd much rather have her yelling at me right now than just saying nothing. Silence from someone who usually speaks their mind is unsettling.

Alix grabs the front of my shirt and pulls me toward her. She dominates the kiss, running a thumb across my cheek as she tilts my head.

I pull away when I feel someone looking at us.

André is looking at us with stars in his eyes. He looks proud he was able to correctly determine that we were attracted to each other.

Alix pats my cheek.

"We agreed to be best friends for life, remember? Now, we'll be a different type of best friends."