Alix x Flirty! Reader

I wear my signature smirk as I lean against a locker.

"You know, I'm afraid to get too close to you. I just know you'll burn me with how hot you are."

Alix closes her locker and hits me on the arm. Still, she's laughing.

"(Y/N), your pick up lines get worse every day."

I just shrug my shoulders as I laugh along with her.

Marinette and Alya enter as Alix sits down to check something.

"Is this live footage of (Y/N) trying to get with Alix yet again?"

I wink at Alya as I sit next to Alix. They go over to get something from Marinette's locker, but I notice Alix is frustrated at something.

"I apologize if you're tired of my pick up lines, but maybe I could be your-"

"(Y/N), it's not the pick up lines. I lost something that was very important. I thought I kept it in my locker, but now I can't find it."

I rub circles on Alix's back to calm her as I think of what she could have lost.

The pocket watch her dad gave her?

No, I think I saw that earlier.

An important homework assignment?

Mmm, I'm sure Alix would've asked for help by now if that was the case.

"Can I help at all?"

Alix blushes and keeps looking in her backpack even though she just confirmed the item isn't there.

She looks around a bit before looking at me.

"Yeah... Just let me lead, okay?"

I smile and nod. I don't have the first idea of where to look, let alone what we're looking for, but I'll always help Alix.

I open the door for her.

"Lead the way, firecracker."

My nickname for Alix makes her blush. She hurries out the door, lowering her head as she passes me.

Alix immediately goes to the classroom. After searching for a few minutes with no results, we go to the art room.

In the middle of searching, I'm distracted by the paintings we did earlier.

I already know mine is absolute shit. That's why I'm better at using words to express my artistic creativity.

My eyes lock on Alix's painting. Is that... me?

I think it's me. It really could just be some random person as the subject. Regardless, it's fantastic.

I step closer to get a better look, only to hear a gasp from Alix.

"Is everything alright?"

I go over, only to see Alix holding something close to her.

"You found it? That's great!"

I pat Alix on the shoulder with a smile, but she still doesn't meet my eyes. I frown as my hands slide into my pockets.

"My apologies if I wasn't of much help, firecracker. I'll be going now."

I turn to leave. Every single one of my movements seem amplified in this quiet room.

"(Y/N), wait. It's for you."

I stop and look at Alix.

The item she lost was for me?

Alix shuffles over to me and shoves the item into my hands while avoiding eye contact.

Huh? It's a journal and pen set?

"I heard you talking about this certain set you wanted. I thought it was a nice idea since you could actually write out your pick up lines before you speak without thinking."

I laugh.

What a thoughtful gift. I did want this for poetry, but I agree that my pick up lines could use some work.

"Thank you. I can see why it troubled you when it was lost."

I carefully place the gift into my bag as Alix walks over to something. I glance up and see she's standing in front of her painting.

"It's lovely."

Alix faces me with a blush as I stand next to her.

I cup her cheek and lean down.

"Just like you."

I close the distance between us and feel the heat radiating off of Alix in waves. I'm probably giving her that same amount of warmth.

As we separate, I now notice the subject in Alix's painting is me holding her at arms length after a kiss, just like we are right now.

I smile and pat my bag where the gift is.

"Let's go. I want to write a poem about you."