Kagami x Neko! Reader

"Ready, set, go!"

Kim and I take off at high speeds. Alix isn't here today, but Kim still wanted to race someone, so I volunteered.

I don't know if having enhanced speed and agility due to me being a neko is cheating, but we're just going to act like it's not.

No one knows what I am anyway. They all think I'm a normal human like them.

I always wear a hat to cover my ears, and I always wear pants to tuck my tail into them.

I'm somewhat ahead of Kim and have been like this since the beginning of the race.

I can tell he's really trying to pass me. He keeps getting dangerously close, too, but I always manage to zoom ahead at the last second.

During the last lap, I tap into my reserved energy to completely leave Kim in the dust. I skid to a stop as I cross the finish line and my friends surround me.

"Great job, (Y/N)! We knew you could do it!"

I spend the next few minutes having good conversations and high fiving everyone. Kim eventually comes over to give me a high five as well.

Someone taps me on the shoulder.

"(Y/N), I was wondering if you would like to help me with my training? I like your speed and agility."

I smile at Kagami.

She noticed how fast I am? I'm sure it's not as fast as her when she's in a good mindset.

"I would love to help with your training. Do you want to start now?"

Kagami nods and leads me over to her car. The door automatically opens with no one in the back seat.

She allows me to enter first. As soon as the door closes, the car starts moving. I raise an eyebrow.

"The car is automatically set to bring me to my sword training after school. We've never been in an accident."

I nod as I look around the car. Black and red, that's a nice color palette.

We arrive at the far end of the park where Kagami's mom sits on a bench, staring straight ahead like a statue.

"Kagami, you are on time. Who have you brought with you? They feel... light."

Light? Is that because I'm part cat and always land on my feet?

"Mother, this is (Y/N). I asked if she would help me with my training due to her speed and agility."

Kagami's mom hums as she thinks.

"Proceed."

We smile and Kagami quickly prepares herself with a kendo stick. I stand a few feet away from her, waiting for the starting signal.

Kagami's mom slams her bokken on the ground. The sound it makes signals us to move.

I don't go easy on Kagami, and she doesn't go easy on me.

Even though Kagami's mom is blind, I can still hear her making small hums of approval at certain moves we do.

When Kagami manages to hit me, I stagger back, and she uses that as an opportunity to knock me off my feet.

As I fall, an instinct blows up inside of me and I thrash around, trying to land on my feet.

I manage to do so, only to hear complete silence.

Kagami is looking at me with wide eyes, and at the same time my ears twitch because of the wind.

I desperately look around for my hat. It's on the ground.

I quickly put it back on, only to feel my tail swaying slightly in the wind.

I quickly fix that before burying my head in my hands. A gentle hand grabs my shoulder and I peek through my fingers.

Kagami is smiling at me, and not in a mocking way, so I slowly lower my hands.

"(Y/N), that's incredible! At least you don't have to train to make yourself faster."

We laugh together and now I realize she just wanted to make me feel better.

"You're really not weirded out by my features?"

Kagami raises an eyebrow as she adjusts my hat.

"Why would I be? You already stood out from everyone else before. This just makes you even more special."

The words pour out of her mouth faster than she can comprehend what she's saying.

She really feels that way?

I blush a bit and shift on my feet. Kagami gently pulls me in for a kiss.

Her lips are the softest thing I've ever felt. She tilts my head a bit more to deepen the kiss.

A sudden loud sound interrupts us.

"No breaks until I say so. Get back to training."