Alix x Socially Anxious! Tomboy! Reader

I carefully watch my feet as I walk to class. Tripping in front of everybody would be so embarrassing! I would never live it down, especially with Chloé.

I glance around. Are people staring at me? If they are, what are they thinking? They're probably thinking negative things about me, I just know it.

Somehow, I make it to class with no incidents. I walk through the door and it immediately feels like all eyes are on me. Did I do something wrong?

I ignore everyone as I walk to the back of the class to my seat. As I finally look up, no one is looking at me. I smile as I pull out a notebook and pencil, ready to not be the focus of the class for once.

-

Whew, class is over for the day. Now I can retreat to my room where I won't bother other people and they won't bother me. I pack up and wait for everyone else to leave so I can walk alone.

Alix approaches me.

Shit.

"Hey, did you want to go to the skate park?"

I perk up at this. Skate park? I didn't even know there was a skate park nearby. I clam up again before finding the right words.

"How many people will be there?"

Alix looks me over. Shaking, avoiding eye contact, but I guess I caught her eye by my interests and the way I dress? She laughs.

"No one else, trust me."

She gives me a sly look. Well, if it's Alix and no one else, I'll go. I nod.

"Cool, just grab your skateboard and meet me at the Lourve."

Alix leaves after that, and I'm stunned. The Lourve? What, are we going to ride down the sides? Regardless, I also go home. I quickly grab my skateboard and roll all the way to the Lourve.

I see Alix rolling around aimlessly. I stop a few feet from her and look around. No one else is around, and this is a spacious area, so I can see why Alix would choose this place.

"Alix?"

She smiles and rolls around me.

"Follow me. We're going to the real skate park!"

Excuse me?

Alix rolls toward museum. Wait, we're not really going in, are we? I look around, still no one else around at this time.

Alix rolls ahead and holds the door open for me. I get off my skateboard and walk through the door. This part of the museum is empty. Are we even allowed to be here.

"Don't worry. I told you no one else would be here."

At this point, I'm not even worried about other people seeing me skateboard. I'm worried about being caught by authorities.

Alix places a hand on my shoulder.

"Well, my dad might be here, but I'll deal with him if he finds us."

Alix flicks my hat and rolls off, taunting me. I drop my board down and roll after her, doing a kickflip over a bench. I follow Alix as best as I can, but she's faster than me.

Eventually, I'm at the opening to the Egyptian history exhibit. I have to get off my skateboard. I'm not confident enough in myself to jump to the bottom of the stairs while still on my skateboard.

I walk to the bottom of the stairs and see that the entire area is barely lit. There are lights around each artifact, but the general lighting is dim.

"Woah."

I know I'm supposed to be following Alix, but some of the artifacts here are so cool! A few stone obelisks with hieroglyhps, a scepter said to have belonged to an actual pharaoh, and an ancient scroll hanging on the wall. I can see why Alix's family is interested in history.

I can't read hieroglyhps, so I turn my attention back to finding Alix.I hear rolling around the corner and peek. Alix is entering another room, so I decide to surprise her.

I stalk through the dimly lit room, careful not to make any noise. I hide behind a sarcophagus on a pedestal in the center of the room.

"(Y/N)?"

I hear Alix roll around the exhibit once more before making her way toward me.

Closer.

I jump out, giving a little shout along with it. Alix teeters a bit before crashing into me. I fall back with Alix on top, and she can't really do anything when I'm pulling her down too.

I'm not hurt that bad, I'm paying more attention to Alix's lips on mine. Completely unintentional, but it still causes both of us to go red. Alix sits up after a few seconds. I also sit up.

It's quiet for a few minutes. Neither of us know what to say.

"Alix, I'm sorry. If I didn't jump out, this wouldn't have happened."

Alix looks at me.

"(Y/N), I'm not worried about that. Are you okay?"

Something between a laugh and sigh escapes me.

"Of course I'm okay. I thought you were weirded out or something because of the kiss."

"(Y/N), look at me. Do I look like I swing with guys?"

I laugh. I know not to judge a book by it's cover, but Alix literally just said not to follow that rule with her. I'll break as many rules as I have to with her.

"No, so....?"

Alix laughs, nods, then pulls me in for an actual kiss.

A few moments later, someone gasps. Alix and I pull away and look over to the doorway, where her father is standing. I guess he also turned the lights on.

Alix and I look between each other, then to her father. She nods, and we zoom off through the exhibit away from him.