Kagami x Short! Bullied! Reader

"Keep her there, keep her there!"

I'm being held against the wall about a foot off of the ground. It may not seem like a lot, but when you're short, even a few inches seems like a lot.

I knew Kim was a bit of a jerk, but a full blown bully?

Who even are these people with him? They don't even go here!

"I want to watch her struggle to reach her stuff."

Kim holds my bag just out of my reach as one of his friends keeps me pinned against the wall. Curse my short arms.

"I bet you wish you had just one more inch to your height, huh?"

Kim begins bouncing my bag, causing some stuff to fall out. Luckily, it's only extra papers and a few pencils. Nothing important.

Upon seeing my somewhat uninterested expression, Kim sets by bag down and crouches next to it. That gets my full attention.

"Wait-"

I'm pushed against the wall harder as I try to speak.

Isn't that a complete invasion of privacy? Even if I didn't have anything compromising in there, someone shouldn't be looking in there.

Kim pulls out the one thing I never wanted to show anyone else.

My diary.

Yeah, yeah, I understand carrying around your diary with you is stupid, but I would rather write down my emotions when they're fresh than when I've had time to calm down.

The first half I'm not that worried about because most of it is just girl stuff. These meatheads wouldn't be able to understand the first thing I've written down.

However, they'll understand the second half.

Recently, I've been filling those pages with my true feelings about a certain classmate. She's smart, strong, determined, and goes above and beyond to protect those she cares about.

Kim clears his throat dramatically, placing a hand on his chest.

"Dear diary, I could barely contain myself today. Just being around her fills me with joy and makes me feel safe, even in the worst situations."

Kim's friends laugh as he speaks with dramatic flair, purposely making his voice higher. Kim leans back a bit while resting his hand on his forehead.

"The way she looks at me makes me think she feels the same way. I don't know if I'm good enough for her. She deserves so much better than me."

Kim furrows his brow as he flips through the pages, trying to find who I'm writing about. His face lights up eventually and he inhales.

"Alas, I will never be able to match perfectly with-"

Someone kicks my diary out of Kim's hand. Everyone around me tenses up and the person holding me against the wall loosens his grip.

I look at my savior and my heart skips a beat.

Kagami.

The elegance in her stance is something to behold. Meanwhile, Kim and his friends are viewing her in a different light.

"What was that for?"

Kagami crosses her arms.

"Seriously? You're the ones going through her belongings and you're acting like what I did was wrong?"

Kagami is outnumbered, but she doesn't look afraid at all. In fact, I'm sure she could take everyone down while blindfolded and with one arm.

While they're distracted, I shove the person holding me up. He's startled and regroups with Kim and the others.

I land hard on my back, glancing up when I hear them leave.

Kagami starts collecting my things while I sit up, rubbing my back.

"(Y/N), do you truly feel this way?"

I look over and see Kagami reading the page Kim was before he was interrupted. I go red and bury my face in my hands so I don't have to look at her.

I look up when I feel a hand on my shoulder. Kagami lightly runs her fingers over the bruise on my neck.

Her fingers slowly go up, tracing my jawline before stopping at my lips. I stop breathing at this moment. I don't want to ruin anything.

I let Kagami take the lead. I'm used to being in the background, anyway.

Kagami keeps her hand on my cheek as she closes the distance between us. I lean into her touch as she tilts her head.

I hate to do it, but I have to pull away in order to breathe. Kagami understands.

She neatly tucks everything into my bag and hands it to me.

"Just tell me if someone else messes with you. I'll be there in a heart beat."