Zoé x Bullied! Abused! Reader

Is it safe to come out now?

I peek out of my locker before completely stepping out.

Phew. I was being chased by some students for a hot minute. I thought they would never stop.

"I found her! She was hiding like a scared animal."

I freeze as I hear those voices behind me. I should have kept hiding.

I'm slammed against the lockers by one of the bigger students. As my head hits the metal, my mind 'flashes' a bit.

Now I see my dad holding me up against the wall in the same position.

He slams me against the wall again, and again, and again...

"After so much thinking, I've realized the real reason your mother left. YOU. You being born was the reason she left me. I don't think I'll ever forgive you for what you've done."

As my dad raises his fist, I get that same feeling in my head from before.

When I open my eyes, my head is turned to the side with one cheek hurting.

Looking back, I see someone with their fist pulled back ready to punch again.

"What is going on here?"

We all turn toward the interruption.

Ms. Bustier and Zoé stand in the doorway. They both frown at the state of things, but Ms. Bustier immediately goes over to the students as one of them drops me. Zoé rushes over to me.

"You are coming with me to see Mr. Damocles. Zoé, I promise to be back as soon as I can."

Ms. Bustier gives us a sad smile before practically dragging the bullies out of the locker room.

Zoé tenderly touches my cheek as she looks me over.

"Are you okay?"

I shut my eyes as the emotional pain comes back to me.

I just want a happy life. I don't want to have everything. I just want people who love me.

Tears start falling as I hold myself. The only thing in my head right now is my dad screaming 'No one will ever love you!' over and over.

"Ah! No, no, no. You're not okay. I'll... Come here."

Zoé wraps her arms around me and holds me close. She allows me to cry on her, telling me little things in my ear to make me feel better.

"You don't deserve this. No one deserves this. I'll do everything I can to make sure you never feel this way ever again."

Even for just a second, those words bring a small smile to my face.

I slowly wrap my arms around Zoé as the tears stop coming.

Zoé Lee, you have my heart.