Alix x Lonely! Reader

I look around at everyone. People are laughing with their friends, couples are holding hands. It's nice, but I don't have any of that.

Instead, I'm just (Y/N) the lonely sack of human flesh and bones.

I just don't click well with people. By default, I've started avoiding people. I want to be around people, I really do. It just seems like whatever I do, I can't get people to stay.

Especially Alix.

I like her tough, outspoken attitude. I like seeing her passionate about what she likes. I like her smile. I just like everything about Alix.

Unfortunately, feeling lonely as long as I have has put a dent in my self-confidence, too. Kind of like, am I doing something wrong to make people stay away from me?

The only good thing that comes from being lonely is learning how to be observant, and I mean extremely observant. You learn how to read people in detail, learn how to read everyone except for yourself, apparently.

I'm brought back to the current time as I hear cheering. I look across the classroom. Alix and Kim are arm wrestling. Ms. Bustier just sits and watches, allowing her students to have fun.

After an agonizing minute, Alix pins Kim's hand on the desk. The class erupts into a cacophony of cheers and boos.

I can't even imagine someone who would want Kim to win. I understand being competitive, but Kim takes it way too far sometimes.

The bell rings after that nice segment. People start to leave and I prepare to wade through the crowd. A hand on my shoulder stops me in my tracks.

I tense up and slowly look to who it is.

Alix and Marinette?

Oh. If I thought I was tense before, now is a different story. I raise an eyebrow, silently asking if they need anything.

"Do you want to come with us to the park? We need another person for our activity."

Yes!

I mean, I do, I genuinely do, but why am I suddenly being asked this? They could have asked anyone else. I guess I'll have to do.

I nod and both of their faces light up. They are not being deceptive in their body language, they genuinely want me there.

I follow them to the park and we meet up with Alya, Nino, and Adrien. Huh, Adrien convinced his father to let him hang out with friends after school? Weird.

Alya clears her throat.

"Ladies and gentlemen, thank you for coming to participate in the Paris Scavenger Hunt! You will be placed in pairs and given hints to find certain items around the city. The scavenger hunt lasts until the sun completely sets. At that point, come back here and we will see who has made the most progress."

Marinette is paired with Adrien, Alya is with Nino, and I am with Alix. We read our hint.

'You will find your first item where the sun always shines.'

I'm lost already. Alix perks up.

"I know! The Egyptian history section at the museum recently got a new exhibit. It's a sun that is always on, even when the museum is closed."

I smile and allow Alix to lead the way.

We arrive at the exhibit Alix mentioned. She was right. There is a ball of light propped up on a pole in the middle of the room. On all the walls there are hieroglyphics depicting the sun god, Ra, as well as just the sun itself.

As I am trying to make sense of the stories, Alix approaches me with a ball. She shakes it a bit and we hear something rattle inside. She twists it open and I catch a folded piece of paper as it falls.

I unfold it and hold it so both of us can read.

'Keep the sphere with you. You will find your last clue with someone who imitates reality.'

Wasn't Mylène's dad akumatized into a literal mime? Seeing the look on Alix's face, she has the same thoughts that I do.

I'm not sure how fast we'll be able to find him, but we can try, as long as Alix leads of course.

We head straight to the Eiffel Tower. He usually performs there in his free time.

Let's see... Mr. Ramier feeding the pigeons, some dude absolutely busting it down to a hip-hop track, a man pulling on something that isn't there.

I tug on Alix's sleeve and point. She smiles and we walk over.

He stops when we hold out the sphere. He grabs it, opens it and shakes each open half, looking baffled that there is nothing inside.

Holding one half, he reaches in and pulls out a piece of paper that wasn't there before, handing it to Alix. He does the same with the other half, but gives me the other paper.

He nods and leaves with the sphere.

Alix and I look at each other before opening our papers.

'(Y/N), you need to open up more. You did well. Claim your prize.'

I raise an eyebrow, looking to Alix for answers, only to see her looking at me. This is the first time I've seen her blush. Even when angry, her face doesn't go red in the slightest. It's different now.

By the way she's looking at me, I'm assuming Alix's paper had something similar written down. I rub my arms as Alix steps closer.

The nerves in my arms are set on fire as Alix places her hands over mine. She closes the distance, finally taking what she wants.

My eyes flutter closed. I'm enjoying the moment. I want it to last forever.

"Congratulations!"

Alix and I jerk away from each other. We look toward the interruption.

Marinette, Adrien, Alya, and Nino are standing there. Oh, I get it now, and I know Alix does too.

I rub the back of my neck and look away. Alix crosses her arms and huffs.

"You two did great and work well together. Let it happen naturally."

Marinette pats us both on the shoulder before leaving us alone. We just stare at each other for a few moments, not knowing what to say.

Eventually, we agree on staying silent as we walk back hand in hand.