Zoé x Depressed! Reader

I sigh as I lie back on one of the benches in the locker room.

It's the end of the day. I can finally go home.

"Hey (Y/N), do you want to come with us?"

Rose is extremely happy for whatever reason. She's been asking me all day.

I didn't accept or refuse to go with them at all, but I guess Rose needs an answer.

All I really want to do is go home and sleep. I want to close my eyes and drift away for the rest of eternity.

I just want to shut myself away from everything else. It's like no matter what I do, something new is always added to my daily stressors.

Currently, it's Zoé.

I just don't get it.

I've heard multiple times as I passed by some people gossiping that Zoé likes me.

Immediately, I denied it mentally. There's no way someone like her could have romantic feelings for someone like me.

She's also going with the group today, and I don't want to let any of them down, despite my own feelings about staying out. So, I guess I'll go with them.

"Sure. Let's go have some fun."

How ironic that me of all people is using the word 'fun'.

Zoé gains a sympathetic expression and steps up to me.

"I don't know guys. (Y/N) looks really tired. Do you all mind if I skip out today?"

The others give Zoé knowing glances while she just blushes with a smile.

Rose, who I expected to be upset about both of us not going, is actually happy for this.

"We don't mind at all! Go take care of her."

Alya winks at Zoé as we leave, causing her blush to darken.

As we're walking home, I can feel a tension building between us.

It's not out of spite or disgust or anything negative. It's just more like a nervous tension.

The only thing I'm nervous about is letting my mask slip when Zoé is near me. I'm all smiles for my friends. I don't want any of them to worry about me.

Zoé tries to keep all conversations lighthearted. It's very considerate of her to want me to be happy.

As we step inside, I turn to her.

"You don't have to do this, you know."

She really doesn't, but I also don't want her to see my room. It looks like a laundry volcano spewed clothes everywhere.

"I know, but I want to do this. I can tell there's something wrong."

I stay quiet.

No, there's nothing wrong with me. Even if there was, it is not Zoé's place to take care of me.

I give her a small smile.

"I understand, but I would like to deal with this myself."

Zoé gently grabs my wrist.

The look in her eyes is something I've never seen someone show me.

It's pity. She wants to help in every way she can, no matter how stubborn I am about receiving help.

"You've been dealing with this by yourself for so long, and nothing is different. Please, let me help you."

Zoé pulls me down to the couch with her. She slowly leans back until we're cuddling.

She doesn't let me go, even as my tears start to slowly fall.

"You can let it all out. I'm here for you."