Alix x Abused! Reader

SMACK

I rub my cheek as my mom drops my backpack next to me.

"That's for taking too long in the bathroom this morning."

I grab my backpack and rush out the door before anything else can happen.

I never go to school on time anymore. Since I'm already failing, I might as well go whenever I wake up.

Maybe I should start going on time. At least that way, I get the most time away from my mom.

I arrive with my hood up and my hands shoved in my pockets. Everyone stares at me, but Ms. Bustier doesn't seem to notice me yet.

I quietly walk to the back of the room and sit down. I immediately flinch as the back of my leg touches the chair.

"What did I tell you? All you had to do was stay in your room!"

I'm shoved to the ground. I'm on my stomach and I begin to get up, only for my mom to stomp on the back of my legs.

"Now when you go back, you won't leave!"

I blink a few times as the rest of the memory becomes fuzzy.

Everyone is looking at me.

"(Y/N)? Could you tell me what I was describing please?"

I blink a few more times as I focus on Ms. Bustier.

"Uh... Soliloquy?"

Ms. Bustier smiles and nods as she turns back to the board. Everyone else turns back to their work.

Well, almost everyone.

I notice Alix's eyes lingering on me for a few seconds longer. Huh, that was weird.

-

As soon as class ends, Alix bolts out the door.

Everyone looks between each other for a few seconds before slowly filing out the door. I'm the last one out, and I even let everyone else leave school first. I can't stand crowded areas.

As I cross the street, I hear someone running up to me.

"(Y/N)!"

I stop and turn as Alix places her hands on my shoulders. I let her catch her breath.

"Hey, why don't you stay the night at my place? I know my dad doesn't mind."

I smile as she shoves her hands into her pockets.

"I would love to, but I have to ask my parents. Just be prepared to hear 'no' as an answer."

As I begin walking, Alix grabs my arm.

She looks worried.

"I'm sure they'll understand. You could use some time away from them, after all."

Now I'm worried. What does she mean by that? Does she know my mom hits me?

After a few hesitant seconds, I smile and nod.

Alix takes my hand and leads the way.

We slow down a few minutes later, and Alix turns to me. Her hand gently cups my cheek.

"I'm sorry you were hit here. I'm sorry you were hit at all."

Alix only moves her hand to kiss my cheek. She then takes my hand one more time to lead me.

"It will be better from now on."