Alix x New Student! Reader

I rub the back of my neck as I walk into a classroom. The classroom to my new class, to be exact.

I transferred schools recently due to my dad getting a better job here in Paris. My parents wanted to move immediately to get a quick start.

They're the ones who pay the bills, so I can't really complain. I just wish they would have told me what was happening ahead of time.

The teacher smiles at me, not minding at all that I interrupted her lesson.

"I'm Ms. Bustier, the literature teacher. Please tell the class your name, as well as any hobbies or interests you have."

Hobbies and interests? I can tell she's the nice teacher here, but I do not think anyone cares about my interests.

I turn to the class.

"Hello. My name is (Y/N). I'm interested in extreme sports."

That was the blandest introduction I have ever given. Well, I did as Ms. Bustier asked, so it can't be that bad.

Ms. Bustier just smiles and nods toward an empty seat. As I walk, the entire class does the typical act of staring down the new kid. I ignore it and take my seat.

Through out the rest of the class, I keep feeling like someone is looking at me. Please don't tell me this is a school that is heavy with gossip.

That's the one thing I don't miss about my old school. Sure, it sucks to leave all your friends and start over, but gossip is something everyone could live without.

Eventually class ends. I didn't really take any notes. Since when do teachers make the new kid take notes?

I pack up, knowing someone will come talk to me eventually. I'm purposely dragging it out, waiting to see who the first person is.

I hear someone shuffle toward the back of the class while others try to leave. I look up as if I wasn't expecting anyone. A girl with pink hair and hat.

"You're into extreme sports?"

I blink a few times before smiling.This girl will be fun.

I nod as I leave with her.

"Yeah, mostly bungee jumping and BMX. I'm trying to get into inline skating, though."

The girl lights up like I just hit a favorite topic.

"I'm pretty much a pro at rollerblading, so I could help you. I'm Alix, by the way."

I smile as I stop.

"Want to get started now? It wouldn't be very extreme of me if I didn't put my trust into the hands of someone I just met."

Alix becomes ecstatic at this. I am too, but then something bubbles up in my mind.

"Oh wait. I'm supposed to talk with the principal. Wait for me?"

Alix nods and we walk to the principal's office. I knock, waiting for permission. As I enter, the principal motions for Alix to enter as well.

We look between each other for a few moments before she does so.

"Hello (Y/N). I'm not sure if you remember me, but I'm Mr. Damocles, the principal."

We sit across from him. Alix just looks confused, but Mr. Damocles is smiling the entire time.

"Alix, I've asked for you to be here because of your academic record."

What? Aren't school officials not supposed to talk about academic records with people who aren't involved? Is that only in higher education institutions?

I look over to Alix. She doesn't look worried in the slightest. In fact, she looks quite happy.

"Since you have perfect attendance, as well as high grades, I'm appointing you as (Y/N)'s class buddy. Normally, I would have chosen Marinette, but she's been absent recently."

Class buddy? What the fuck is that? Who is Marinette?

Alix looks proud of herself and nods to Mr. Damocles. He dismisses us and I follow Alix, confused as all hell.

"Alix, what in tarnation is a 'class buddy'?"

Alix laughs at my choice of words. It was just the first thing that came to mind.

"A class buddy is someone who shows new people around. They stick together for the first week, then it's no longer a requirement, but most of them become friends in that time."

I just nod as we leave the school.

"Okay then. Care to show me the best place to learn inline skating? Don't hold back. I like places where I have a chance to get seriously injured."

Alix smiles while quirking an eyebrow, giving me a look that says 'follow me'. Yes ma'am. I'll go to any place, no matter how dangerous, as long as you're there.