Alix x Toxic! Reader

"What does everyone have planned for the break?"

I cross my arms and glare at Alya.

"You all were supposed to be coming to my house, remember?"

Marinette, Alya, Alix, Mylène, Juleka, and Rose all look between each other. Some of them raise eyebrows, others look like they're trying to communicate something without actually speaking.

I rake my fingers through my hair as I look at all of them.

"I mean, who wouldn't? My house has an indoor pool, a personal theater, an on call personal chef, and the most important of all, me!"

I pull out my phone to check my hair. I smooth the top and fix the way my hair parts. I smile at my reflection before putting my phone in my pocket.

The entire group is looking at me. I bask in the attention.

I know they're admiring me for my selfless act of offering my place as our hangout place for the break. If they aren't, then they're being the selfish ones.

I've been told I'm toxic, but I just don't see it. If I'm sooo toxic, why are people willingly choosing to be around me?

Clearly the people who call me toxic are in the wrong. They're just jealous that I'm getting all the attention instead of them.

"Okay (Y/N). Since it's your house,I suppose you'll make all the rules?"

I smile at Alix and nod.

Finally! Someone finally understands. If it's my residence, I should be able to make the rules. I wouldn't argue in someone else's house as long as all rules were made within reason.

"Don't worry. I'll make all my rules within reason. No one will complain, or else I complain."

Alix grimaces. Yeah! She does get it. Since I'll be the host, no one should dare complain. I gave my time and space in order to create a fun environment for my friends, the least they could do is show some gratitude.

"I'm going to prepare everything. Just let me know when you arrive, okay? Oh, and Alix, you can rollerblade in the house. Parents aren't home, so their rules don't apply."

I leave, not bothering to answer any questions or give any other details.

I'm told that I constantly try to make things about myself, but how can I have any control over that when other people talk about me? I just insert myself into the conversation to give the truth on whatever the topic is.

-

I have just finished my call with our personal chef. He's going to be paid for the night as soon as he gets here.

The doorbell rings.

I know it's not him, but I jog over to the door anyway. I open it and step aside to let the group in, before leading them to the guest rooms.

They all look exhausted. They just got here. I think all of them need more sleep. Marinette especially, since she always comes to class late. No matter the reason, it's her fault nonetheless.

We all regroup in the lounge. Everyone looks at me expectantly.

"First, the personal chef is on his way. There are snacks in the kitchen that you can eat. Go ahead and take as many as you want. Second, the theater is open. You can stream any movie or TV show you wish..."

I trail off. I'm trying to think.

"Oh, nevermind all that actually. I don't really have a whole list of what you can and can't do. The most important thing would be not to break anything. Also, stay out of my room."