Alix x Irresponsible! Reader

"Hey! Who spilled their drink here?"

No one speaks up and everyone just looks around. Ms. Mendeleiev just grumbles something as she cleans up the spill.

Yeah, I spilled that.

It wasn't even on purpose though. I accidentally knocked it over with my foot. Since it was an accident, I don't see the need to clean it up. The janitor can do that.

I just whistle while walking to class. Ms. Mendeleiev's class, to be exact. I sit down just as she enters. She looks angry.

Ms. Mendeleiev sits at her desk silently, contemplating everything while the class sits in silence for a few minutes.

We look between each other as Ms. Mendeleiev burns a hole into the wall with her eyes. We're all just patiently waiting. Well, except for me. I'm just sitting here with nothing in front of me while everyone else has a pencil and notebook in front of them.

Ms. Mendeleiev finally takes a deep breath before standing.

"Okay class. Today, we're going to learn all about responsibility. I thought they taught this to younger children, but I guess I'll have to do it."

I cover my smirk with my hand. She really is pissed, huh?

Ms. Mendeleiev draws an atom.

"Everyone has responsibilities they have to follow through with. Doing the opposite would make you an irresponsible person. Take the atom for example."

She labels the subatomic particles.

"Electrons are responsible for balancing the charges from the protons and neutrons. If there is no balance, the atom becomes unstable. These subatomic particles are responsible for keeping everything made up. Without them, we wouldn't even be here."

Ms. Mendeleiev slaps the board when she finishes, startling the whole class. She inhales deeply before turning to us.

"I apologize. Let's just get on with the actual lesson."

The class atmosphere settles down as Ms. Mendeleiev starts her initial lesson.

-

Ah, school is over. Time to go home and throw all of my assignments away without even looking at a single paper.

I'm already sipping on another drink as I walk out of the school. I won't knock this one over, I promise.

Someone taps my shoulder. I turn toward the person while sipping obnoxiously loud.

It's Alix. She winces at the loud noise. I raise an eyebrow, signaling for her to ask away.

"Do you ever take responsibility for your actions?"

I blink a few times before laughing.

"Take responsibility for what? If what I do is an accident, what do I have to take responsibility for?"

Alix scowls as if what I said is unfathomable.

"It doesn't matter, you still did what you did. Taking responsibility for the petty stuff paves the way for taking responsibility for the serious stuff."

I smile while quirking an eyebrow.

"So, what if I...?"

Alix furrows her brow in frustration as if she just wants me to spit it out.

"What if you?"

I peck Alix on the lips. She immediately blushes and looks around to see if anyone saw that.

I throw my drink away while sighing.

"I know I'm irresponsible. I'm just enjoying my juvenile ignorance before I actually have to do something with my life."

I pat Alix on the head, which just makes her blush deeper, before walking away.