Kagami x Injured! Reader

Ah, Kagami, the light of my life.

We're currently texting each other while I'm walking to school. I normally try to do it before I leave the house, but I didn't want to miss on talking to Kagami.

I've walked this route so many times and nothing bad has ever happened. What makes today different from the rest?

Kagami <3 : I have to apologize, (Y/N). I'll be arriving late, but don't worry. I'll still spend every minute with you once I'm there.

I smile. I can manage with Kagami being late. She never breaks her promises.

As I am in the middle of sending some loving message back, a car horn honks at me repeatedly. I finally look up when I feel like I'm in genuine danger.

Unfortunately, it's too late.

I'm already on the ground. A searing pain shoots through my arm and a hysterical woman comes to my aid.

As I glance up with teary eyes, the car door is open, so I can assume this woman is one who hit me.

Don't cry, miss. It was my fault, anyway...

Kagami's POV:

Huh, (Y/N) never responded to my message. I saw her typing, but she suddenly stopped. I hope she's not angry with me for being late.

I come to class a bit late, but I can immediately tell the mood is somber. Everyone looks upset, even Ms. Mendeleiev looks uneasy.

Everyone suddenly looks at me like I'm some kind of alien. I turn when I hear some sniffles. Nino, Nathaniel, and Kim? I never thought I would see the day Kim cries.

I approach them as I feel like I'm about to be attacked. It's just the way everyone is looking at me. It's creepy.

"What's going on? Where's (Y/N)?"

It's suddenly silent, as if I just killed the mood even more than it already was.

Everyone looks at me with sympathetic expressions, but also like they don't want to tell me.

"...(Y/N) is in the hospital. She was hit by a car on her way to school."

Everything around me falls. The people staring at me suddenly don't exist. I just nod at them as thanks before sitting in my seat.

That's why (Y/N) didn't respond. I bury my face in my hands.

She wasn't paying attention because of me. I hold back the tears. I can stay strong for (Y/N).

-

(Y/N)'s POV:

Ugh, everything hurts, but mostly my arm.

I'm currently in a hospital bed. Man, this sucks some ass.

I'm about to doze off when the door slides open.

Kagami?

I immediately sit up, but flinch at the pain shooting through my body. Kagami rushes over and urges me back down.

She looks so heartbroken to see me in this state. My heart drops at seeing Kagami like that.

I beckon her closer. When she's an inch from me, I kiss her. She's surprised, but returns the gesture.

Kagami sits in the chair next to my bed, holding my hand.

"It's nothing too bad, Kagami. Just a broken arm."

Kagami just shakes her head while cupping my cheek.

"It's still an injury. I'm not leaving your side."

I lean into her touch. If I have to be stuck at the hospital, at least it's with my girlfriend.

-

A few days later, I'm finally back at school. Everyone has been asking me if I needed any help with anything, as well as asking how I got hit in the first place.

I've been completely honest in my answers.

No, I don't need help right now.

Yes, I was an idiot for not keeping my eyes on traffic.

It was even worse during lunch. It's like the whole damn school tried to talk to me. I would have probably suffocated to death if Kagami didn't make everyone back off.

Ms. Bustier and Ms. Mendeleiev were happy to have me back. Ms. Mendeleiev just asked how I wasn't hurt more and went into a tangent of the speed of a moving car, as well as the amount of force needed to break bones.

At the end of the day, most people just said they'll come over as quick as they can if I need any help. Emphasis on most.

Chloé and Marinette approach me at the same time. Both of them look kind of pissed that the other is there.

"Heyyy (Y/N), are you feeling alright? I could help you carry your stuff home. It looks heavy, but I'm sure you have no problem moving it around every day."

Marinette steps closer to me and gently places her hand on my injured arm.

"I could even make you a custom sling. What design do you like most?"

Chloé crosses her arms and glares at Marinette.

"Don't listen to her. I can get you anything you wish, give you all the luxuries you want while you're healing."

Chloé clings to my free arm, snuggling her face into my shoulder.

Suddenly, I feel like we're being watched by a predator. The corner of my mouth quirks up as I realize who it is.

Kagami appears out of nowhere, standing tall against the three of us. Chloé just increases her grip on my arm. Kagami narrows her eyes at the action. Yikes.

I look down and see Kagami holding a pencil with her belongings. I look between Marinette and Chloé.

For both of their safeties, they better back off. Kagami is about to use that pencil like a katana if they stay this close to me.

After a reluctant sigh, Marinette leaves, but Chloé doesn't. Girl, you messed up now. I can tell Kagami doesn't want it to get physical, but I know she won't hesitate when it comes to me.

"Chloé, if you don't mind, I would like to take my girlfriend home."

Kagami's knuckles become white as her grip increases.

Chloé, with all her pride, finally backs off as well. She knows she wouldn't be able to stand up against Kagami in a fight.

Kagami watches as Chloé leaves, holding my hand the whole time. She walks me to my house since it's closer while she carries my stuff for me.

We reach my room and Kagami helps me on my uninjured side.

Damn, I really wish I didn't have to wear the sling in bed, but the doctor said to wear it at all times until stated otherwise.

Kagami places her shoes next to mine before sliding behind me. Her arm wraps around my waist, pulling me closer to her.

Kagami is careful with her placements. She doesn't want to hurt me. The way she's pressed up against me is the perfect position for my arm to heal.

I lean back into her. Her warmth is soothing even though others say she has a cold exterior.

They just don't know Kagami like I do. I wouldn't trade her for anything in the world.