Alix x Manipulative! Reader

I smile as I waltz up to Rose.

"Rose, I'm so sorry, but I'm afraid I can't meet up on the weekend. I just have so much going on right now. I'm sure you understand."

Rose looks upset, but she still nods.

I sniff a few times.

"What is that smell? It's amazing. Rose, is that one of your perfumes?"

This improves Rose's mood. She nods and pulls the perfume bottle out of her bag.

"My, what a fancy bottle. Do you mind if I borrow it? I promise I'll return it. You can trust me, Rose."

Rose is hesitant, but hands the bottle over. I turn it this way and that, admiring the fancy writing.

"Thank you. I'll be sure to return the bottle in the condition I received it."

As I turn away, I practically throw the bottle into my backpack.

Is there really something going on with me? Of course not! I'm just lying to get what I want.

I look around for Marinette. She's my next stop.

Finally, I spot her by the stairs. She's alone? Good.

"Hey Marinette. Could you help me with some math homework later?"

I have no intention of actually learning anything. I'm just going to trick Marinette into doing all the work herself.

Marinette smiles while rubbing the back of her neck.

"(Y/N), I would love to help but-"

"Marinette, everyone knows that you're soooo smart. Please? I promise I won't waste your precious time."

Marinette finally nods and I hug her to make her think I'm happy. I mean, I am, but only because I now have someone who will just do my work for me.

I thank her as I look for my next victi- FRIEND. I see Alix's hair through the window of the locker room.

I enter the locker room with a smile. Nothing can ruin my streak.

"Heyyy Alix. Would you mind-"

"No."

What the fuck? What does Alix mean 'no'?

Regardless, I keep the smile on my face even though I feel different inside.

"Alix, I didn't even finish what I was going to ask. Don't you think that's quite rude of you?"

Alix stops whatever she was doing and glares at me. She's shorter than me, but she still stands up to me with only a few inches of space between us.

"I think my rudeness is justified when you're literally manipulating people to get what you want. Why don't you try being honest for once?"

Alix doesn't back down, but neither do I.

I just keep smiling, and I even feel the corner of my mouth quirk up involuntarily.

I lean forward a bit, getting into Alix's personal space.

"You're cute when you're angry."

Alix's glare remains, but I see a blush slowly cover her cheeks. I lean back and cross my arms.

"Was that honest enough for you?"

I uncross my arms and turn to walk away, only for Alix to grab my wrist.

When I turn to face her, she looks conflicted. Alix is definitely angry, but it's like she's trying so hard not to crack a smile.

Alix takes me by surprise when she kisses me. It's quick and doesn't last more than a couple seconds.

"Yes, it was honest enough. Now go out there and apologize to everyone."