Chloé x Reader

I'm being escorted to Chloé's room by a butler. Why did I agree to be her partner again?

Sabrina is on vacation. Chloé sought me out as a replacement. I have no idea why, and I'm even more baffled as to why I accepted.

Chloé treats Sabrina poorly most of the time, so I don't know why she stays with her. Literally anyone in our class would treat Sabrina with genuine kindness without asking for anything in return.

Chloé, on the other hand, demands respect for even a smidge of kindness from her. Even then, it's most likely not genuine, just small praise for doing something she asked.

Also, Chloé has been increasingly rude to me lately. I have no idea what I did to cause it, but it's really pissing me off.

I've been nothing but kind to her no matter how she treated me, but I'm starting to lose my patience with her.

The butler knocks on Chloé's door.

"Madam Bourgeois? There is a (Y/N) (L/N) here to see you."

"It's open."

The butler opens the door for me. I thank him and enter, seeing Chloé sitting on her bed with her legs crossed.

"Lock the door."

I do as she says before approaching her. I see a whole pile of papers at the foot of the bed.

"Are you going to get started on your part of the assignment?"

Chloé glares at me and flips her hand in annoyance.

"Are you going to get started on the assignment? At this point, I'd much rather have Sabrina over you. At least she does as she's told without asking questions."

I hear her scoff as I turn to the papers. I just have to do it. The faster I get this done, the faster I can get out of here.

You know, I used to have a crush on Chloé. I have absolutely no idea why. It's apparent she treats people like dirt and barely shows any type of kindness, but for some reason my heart yearned for Chloé.

Now, she's pretty much bullying me at this point. She never even treated Sabrina this poorly. Poor, but not outright making me feel bad about myself.

I finish Chloé's part of the assignment first since I already know what I'm doing for my part. I can breeze right through that.

"Excuse me? What is this?"

I lazily look up at whatever Chloé is pointing out. She's just holding the papers I finished.

I raise an eyebrow.

"I know my handwriting isn't the best, but-"

"That's not what I'm talking about at all! The way you filled it out is wrong. Do it all over again."

Chloé just tosses the papers at me like I'm some servant who has to pick them up.

"But now that you bring up your penmanship, we can discuss that."

I quickly gather the papers and shove them into her hands. I glare at Chloé as she looks up at me.

"You can redo your part of the assignment yourself. If not, just accept my work. Ms. Bustier won't give a fuck anyway as long as it's submitted. I'm doing my part now."

I sit back down with my papers in front of me. I'm halfway through a sentence before the papers are once again thrown at me.

I furrow my brow as I place my papers down.

"How dare you speak to me like that? You, some middle class girl who has no class at all? I would be better off doing the assignment myself instead of having you here slowing things down."

Okay. You want to do the assignment yourself? Fine with me.

I turn on my heel and walk away.

"Wait! You can't leave!"

I don't respond and keep walking. I reach out to open the door, only for Chloé to grab my wrist.

Oh girl, you don't want to get physical with me. I quickly turn toward her, getting so close we're only a couple inches apart.

Chloé wastes no time to kiss me. I'm startled and back up against the door.

Chloé's hand runs through my hair, pulling me closer with a hand on the back of my head. I place a hand on her waist to steady her.

I can tell she wants to keep kissing for hours, but I need air, you know?

"Do you always treat people you like as if they were beneath you?"

Chloé blushes and looks away. Regardless of her previous actions and words toward me, I smile.

My feelings for Chloé never completely went away. She can treat me however she wants, but I'll always have a small piece of her in my heart.