Alix x Short! Suicidal! Reader Part 2

"Alix, I don't know if I can do this."

Alix, my girlfriend of two months, squeezes my hand to reassure me. Ever since that day she stopped me, I've been getting better. I truly have, and I couldn't have done it without her. She has kept her promise to be with me every step of the way.

That alone makes me feel guilty. I thought so many times that Alix would leave me because she would realize that I'm not worth the trouble, but no. She stayed. She is still here, and she will help me put myself back together.

I turn to Alix, who smiles, before giving me a light push. I begin to roll slowly across the pavement. Alix stays behind me the entire time on her own rollerblades just in case I fall.

"Okay. Now, just move your foot forward a tiny bit, then alternate feet."

I do as she says, moving my left foot forward a bit, before retracting it and moving my right foot forward a bit. I start to sway and put my arms out to balance myself.

I'm so glad no one else is in the park right now. I know Alix would keep me from crashing into people, but I think I would still scare some people with how I'm moving.

Inch by inch, I increase my strides. I'm still definitely not as quick as Alix, but I don't think I need to keep my arms out anymore.

As I move my foot a longer distance, my leg flies out from under me. I suddenly fly backwards and brace for impact, but it never comes.

I open one eye, before opening the other as I take in the sight before me. Alix has literally swept me off my feet. Really? She can hold keep both of us up without falling?

I wrap my arms around her neck as I lean in for a kiss. Alix leans into the kiss, but this causes her to lose her balance and she falls back. I place a hand on the back of her head just in case. I know she's wearing a helmet, but you can never be too careful.

Thankfully, both of us are unharmed. We burst out laughing. What an experience.

I replace the rollerblades with my shoes before we get up.

"Man, that sucks. You were doing perfect, too. Let's go back to your place. It's getting cold, anyway."

I smile and grab Alix's hand. She smiles back and is practically being pulled along by me, as she is still wearing her rollerblades.

We see Marinette leaning on the railing of her balcony with Alya by her side, probably lecturing her about how to confess to Adrien. I wave to them as we pass. Both of their faces light up for a few seconds as they wave back, before Alya goes back to her lecture.

Honestly, Marinette should just be upfront with Adrien. He will most likely reject her since Ladybug has his heart, but I'm sure he'll remember a genuine, thought out confession from a close friend instead of the thousands of fan confessions.

We arrive at my house. Alix prepares to remove her rollerblades as we enter to be respectful. My mom looks over from the TV and smiles.

"There's no need to do that. You can roll around the entire house as long as you don't break anything."

Alix smiles and gives a quiet 'understood'. As we go to my room, my mom winks at me and turns back to the TV.

My face becomes hot and stays like that even after the door has been closed. I turn toward Alix as I remove my shoes, who raises an eyebrow before removing her rollerblades.

I sputter for a second before speaking.

"Uhh... Nothing's wrong. Just some...provocative thoughts."

That's not a lie, but damn mom, you really had to put those thoughts in my head?

Alix gently leads me over to the bed and we sit. She grabs my hands and I lean forward to press my forehead against hers. She rubs a scar on the back of my hand with her thumb.

This makes me smile. Who would have thought Alix, the tough, stubborn, rollerblader had a soft side like this?

I tilt my head to kiss Alix, noticing this takes her by surprise, although just a bit. She recovers quickly and cups my cheek, pulling me closer.

Yes. Please.

For a few minutes, kissing is all we do. After gently roaming my upper body with her hands as to not accidentally press against a scar too hard, Alix's hands stop at the hem of my shirt. She pulls away from the kiss.

"Can I?"

I nod. Alix hesitates. Her eyes never leaving mine. After a few moments, she grabs the hem of my shirt and starts lifting it.

A sudden pang resonates in my chest, and I know it's not my heartbeat. I want this, I really do. Unfortunately, I don't think my heart nor my mental state can handle this right now.

"Wait."

Alix immediately stops what she's doing and looks up at me. Upon seeing the worried expression on my face, she lowers my shirt.

"Alix, I'm so sorry. I..."

I put my head in my hands as my emotions come in waves. Guilt, sadness, embarrassment. All because I stopped an intimate moment. Alix embraces me and we lie down. She strokes my hair as I bury my face into her shoulder.

"I understand, (Y/N). You still need more time. Take as much time as you need. I will always be here for you, and I'll be here when you're ready."

Alix winks when I look up. I blush and just bury myself back into her shoulder, receiving a giggle from her.