Zoé x Lonely! Tomboy! Reader

I frown as I look around at everyone.

Everything just works out fine for others. For me, it's like fate has it out for me. It's like I'm not allowed to get even one thing in life.

I sigh as I enter the library. I need to get away from everyone else. I haven't had friends for so long, I don't even know how to make friends anymore.

I close my eyes as I try to rest.

"What are we supposed to do about this?"

My dad roughly grabs my arms and shows them to my mom. I have muscles, more than the average teenage girl should have.

"How will she ever find a man with those arms? She'll probably scare them off."

My dad lets me go and I scramble to my room.

I close the door as I hear one last thing.

"With that face and those arms, we might as well put her in the circus."

I blink a few times as someone stands in front of me.

Zoé? What is she doing here?

"Do you mind if I sit here?"

I narrow my eyes at her. There are countless seats in the library. No one else is here.

I sigh and shake my head. She must have a reason for wanting to sit with me.

"Thank you. How have you been?"

I raise an eyebrow. I don't even know her except for her name.

"...fine. You?"

Zoé smiles as she pulls out some assignments.

"Just perfect. Can you help me with this?"

I'm not sure how I will be able to help her, but I can try my best.

-

I'm waiting in the library again. I really didn't trust Zoé when she first talked to me that day, but I'm really looking forward to seeing her in the library every day.

I'm especially nervous today. I'm going to ask Zoé out. I just hope she doesn't reject me, or else I'll spiral back into my reclusive self.

I smile as she sits next to me.

"Hey (Y/N), have you been treated well?"

I nod as my smile falters.

Zoé knows that I have issues with my family due to my appearance. They wanted a girl so bad, and they got one, but then it turns out I'm the most masculine looking female on the planet.

My family hasn't really bothered me though, mainly because I've been spending so much time with Zoé that they're asleep by the time I get home.

I take a few deep breaths. I might as well get this out there.

"Zoé, will you go out with me?"

She goes completely quiet. She's thinking about something. Should I have not asked?

Soon, she smiles and hugs me.

"Yes!"

The librarian suddenly shushes us, popping out of nowhere.

I nod while I turn back to Zoé.

She kisses me before I can fully turn my head.

"You deserve happiness too. You can stay with me if your family becomes too much to bear."