Alix x Chef! Reader

A/N: Five more parts until this book is done.

"Eat up, everyone."

I finish setting plates in front of everyone. They look at me expectantly as I clear my throat.

I put on my best presenter voice.

"For the appetizer, I have prepared a lobster risotto. Light, yet tasty all the same."

I'm not finished with the entrée, but I clap my hands together nonetheless.

"After you all have finished your appetizers, your entrée will consist of beef wellington cooked medium rare with a garnish of mashed potatoes, followed by homemade strawberry sorbet as the dessert."

As they eat, the expressions on their faces make me smile. Anytime they eat my food, they look like they're in heaven.

I slightly nod before going back to the kitchen. I think my wellingtons are done.

I cut the ends off of one before slicing down the middle. Perfect.

I begin plating each dish before peeking out to the group. They're still eating, but they look like they're almost finished.

I pour the wellington sauce on each serving of beef wellington. This will keep it warm for a little while longer.

I rush out to take their plates, only to almost bump into Alix.

"You seemed like you needed help."

She's holding the empty plates from everyone.

I thank her and take them to the kitchen before bringing out the entrées two at a time.

Huh, this is the most excited I've seen Juleka in a while. Maybe it's because the wellington sauce kind of looks like blood, maybe it's because of the food.

Who knows? As long as she enjoys it, I have nothing to say.

After they've been eating for a few minutes, my hostess charm comes out.

"Are you all enjoying your meal?"

Alix blushes as I place a hand on her shoulder even though I'm addressing the whole table.

They all nod and I smile.

"Good. Let me know if anything is less than satisfactory."

I head back into the kitchen to start scooping sorbet into cups.

Why strawberry sorbet? It's the color of Alix's hair, which is her most prominent feature to me.

I mean, how can you think of Alix and have her hair not be one of the first things that come to mind?

Again, Alix brings me the plates, but helps me bring out the desserts.

Rose coos at the cups.

"Aww. These are so cute! I almost don't want to eat it."

I smile again and tell them to let me know if anything is wrong.

I clean up in the kitchen.

Plates, washed. Counters, wiped. Ingredients, put away.

I sigh as I look around. It always brings me joy to see my kitchen so clean after cooking this much.

I sit with the rest of them as they're starting to finish.

"Whew. That hit the spot. Thank you, (Y/N). That food was incredible. It always pays to have a friend that cooks well."

"Marinette, isn't part of your house a bakery?"

"That's why I said cook, (Y/N). We can have all the baked goods we want, but we'll come to youw hen it comes to quality restaurant food."

With that, most of the group leaves, but Alix stays behind.

"I actually have a complaint."

I raise an eyebrow. Did I make the sorbet wrong?

I look at her cup. She ate all of it, so it can't be the sorbet.

"You're the only one not eating."

I almost laugh at that. I thought I did something wrong with the food.

"Oh, I'm fine. I was going to make something for myself after all of you left, as well as after I washed these cups."

Alix takes all of the cups to the kitchen. I follow and she starts washing them.

"Go sit down. I'll make you something."

I take off my apron and set it on the counter before sitting at the table.

Alix is stubborn, so I know she won't allow me to cook myself something, but I'm also kind of curious to see what she does.

For once, my stomach actually growls when I smell the food being made. I close my eyes and lean back, trying to picture what I'll be eating.

My eyes snap open when I hear the clink of a plate being set down.

A ribeye steak with fingerling potatoes and asparagus on the side. It looks like Alix might have just basted the steak with it's own juices and a bit of butter.

"It looks great."

Alix watches with anticipation as I cut into it. I split it apart.

"Perfect temperature at medium rare."

I cut off a smaller piece and eat it. The meat has the perfect amount of tenderness. The seasoning isn't overpowering, and basting the meat made sure the meat stayed moist.

I smile as I look at Alix.

"Everything is perfect. This is even better than when I make it."

Alix flushes at the compliment as her hand rests on her chest. Did she think I wouldn't like it?

I wipe my mouth with a napkin before kissing her.

No matter what I do or where I am, Alix always points out when I'm taking care of others even though I should be taking care of myself.

Truth be told, I don't think I would have actually eaten after everyone left. I would have just kept trying to perfect more recipes.

"I know you made this for me, but you have to try it. It's incredible."