Alix x Clingy! Reader

Send.

That's the tenth message in a row now. Alix still hasn't read any of them. What could she possibly be doing?

I check her social media. She hasn't posted anything recently, nor has she even been online within the last few days.

I rub my temples. The only reason my schedule is free is for Alix. Only for Alix. If someone else asks to hang out, I tell them I'm busy.

I look through my feed a bit, until I see a post Alya made. It's a selfie of her, Marinette, Mylène, and Alix. They're at the Eiffel Tower.

Well, I know where I'm going now.

I pull on a jacket before bolting out the door. I'm practically stomping all the way to the Eiffel Tower.

How could she spend time with them but not me? I've been trying to talk to Alix. I've been trying to get together with her, but it's like she's ignoring me.

If she doesn't want anything to do with me, all she has to do is say it. Will I be absolutely pissed if that happens? Of course, but Alix hasn't said anything to me yet, so I still have a chance.

At the Eiffel Tower, I see Alix with the others. They're entertaining children. Alix is rolling around the whole area with children cheering her on.

I understand she's doing this out of the good of her heart, but she could have at least told me, couldn't she?

I join the others as Alix finishes with a pose. I clap along with everyone else, silently judging all the people here.

Alix rolls over to us. As soon as her eyes land on me, she looks away.

"Alix, that was amazing!"

I nod along with Marinette. Don't you have to go help your parents bake something? My eye twitches as Alix laughs at something. Oh, so she can pay attention to other things but not me?

My eyes land on Alya next. Go look for Ladybug. Literally anywhere else but here would be fine.

Don't even get me started on Mylène. Go talk with Ivan. We don't want him getting all angry again, would we?

"Today was fun, but we have to get going now."

I eyes snap to Marinette. Did she read my mind?

Alya and Mylène agree with her, saying their goodbyes to me and Alix. Good, now it's just the two of us.

I turn and smile. Alix still doesn't make eye contact with me, looking at her phone instead. That's fine, she'll she the messages now.

Her eyes go wide.

"Sorry, (Y/N). I didn't look at my phone all afternoon."

Oh, that's perfectly fine, Alix. It's just us now.

"It's fine. I just went for a walk and saw you here. You're loved by children, huh?"

Alix blushes and rubs the back of her neck.

"Yeah. Most of the time, they think I'm younger than I am due to my height. I don't mind as much as long as I make them happy."

I close my eyes and nod. I have to get her alone. It's one thing to stay off social media, it's another to just completely ignore someone who's trying to talk to you.

"Are you still free? If you are, want to head back to my place?"

I keep a smile on the whole time. Alix taps her fingers together and looks away. Is she going to come up with an excuse?

"...sure."

?

Well, that's a yes in my book. No turning back now.

I gladly lead the way back home. Alix doesn't say anything the entire time.

When we get to my place, I hold the door open for her. She hesitates before entering. I close the door and lock it behind me.

Alix doesn't seem to notice.

"(Y/N), you like me, don't you?"

The biggest smile covers my face. Of course I do! I've been trying to talk to you about it for so long.

"I do too, but... you seem very possessive... clingy."

I raise an eyebrow. Are you telling me there are people who aren't clingy toward the people they love most? I thought that was normal.

Oh, does that mean locking the door was a bad idea?

"It's why I've been split on what to do. Clingy behavior is almost never a good sign. Clingy to parents is fine, but clingy to someone you're attracted to? Some people take it too far."

I take a step toward Alix. By her sudden reaction, I guess I might have accidentally stomped toward her.

"I can change. People can change. Adapting is how we've survived for millennia, isn't it?"

I lightly rub her arm. I can change. I will change, for you, just give me this right now.

I tilt her head up. Alix doesn't flinch or try to get away, so I take control.

As our lips connect, I remove Alix's hat and place it on my head. My hand tangles itself in the free part of her hair.

I just want to hold her.

As I pull away, I drag a thumb across her cheek and over her lips, before completely removing my hand.

Alix is blushing, but her eyes widen when she looks behind me. I follow her eyes and find my mom standing behind me.

She raises an eyebrow.

"This is nice, dear, but don't scare this one off too."