77 | Harry - Ready

Start from the beginning

"I missed you more," I responded honestly, my hands wrapping around her wrists as they cupped my cheeks. "I wish I would've come back sooner."

Every word I spoke was how I truly felt. No matter what was going on in my head, I would always tell Indiana the truth.

She's the one person I can go to about anything and it means the world to me. I would never lie to her, all I want to do is love her.

"Truly, it's okay, Harry." She smiled softly. "You had a really rough night and I would have reacted the same way. All that matters is that you're okay right now."

"I think I'm ready." I responded totally off topic, catching her off guard which made her raise an eyebrow at me.

Maybe it was the stupid thing to say, or I could've wait, but I needed to get it off my chest before I psyched out. I'm ready for whatever could happen, that's why I said it now.

"Ready for what?" Indiana asked, confusion laced in her voice as she dropped her hands from my face but I still held onto them.

"To talk to her." I spoke quickly, not wanting to speak much or say her name like it was forbidden to be said.

It wasn't that, it was just that I was scared to say her name. Like it would bring back the reality that my sister is actually here and alive... not dead like I thought for eight years.

"Okay," She replied quietly, her voice just barely audible like she wasn't expecting me to say that. "If you're ready then you should go talk to her. No matter what, I'm always here for you."

I pulled her face closer to mine, just needing to feel her lips against mine. It had been so long since I've felt the electric shock of her body against mine and I needed it so badly

"I..." Kiss. "Love..." Kiss. "You." Kiss.

I mumbled the words against her lips just needing to say them out loudly. I missed being lost with Indiana so much. All I wanted was to be stuck with her forever.

Feeling her mouth against my own is something I could never forget. If I could, I would kiss her all day long everyday and I would never get sick of it. That would be my dream.

"I love you," She replied as she pulled back, rubbing the pads of her thumbs under my eyes to wipe the few tears that had scattered there. "I'm so proud of you, Harry."

It felt so good to hear her words, they were something I ached for hearing needing them so badly in this desperate time. Her comfort was all I needed in life to be the best I could be, even in the hardest times.

She pushed me to work harder, be stronger, and to be better for both myself and others. Her love has taught me to stay strong and to persevere through everything, so that's what I'm doing now.

I'm going to stand strong and take one step forward so I don't fall backwards.

"Will you... can you shower with me?" I asked quietly, knowing I needed to take care of myself but I wasn't strong enough to do it myself yet.

"You want to- you know?" She asked, sounding confused as she raised an eyebrow but I quickly cut in.

"No, no..." I chuckled slightly realizing what she meant. "Nothing like that, I just want you there with me. If that's okay."

My cheeks flushed with embarrassment. Now I felt stupid for asking that, I didn't want her to think I wanted to do something like that. I would never do it in this sort of state, I just wanted her there with me.

Maybe it was childish, or stupid? I didn't care though, I knew if I wanted to push forward I had to hold her by my side. I couldn't push her away anymore, I needed to keep her close while I could.