44 | Indiana - Time

Start from the beginning

"I'm not getting on your bus." I said simply as I sat criss crossed on the bed watching him pull his stuff around. "Why can't we just drive? I would've gotten on my bus if I knew this was the result."

After we had gone to my hotel room and I was ready to go down onto my correct bus for the first time this whole tour, Zayn just had to surprise me and say I forgot something in his room. I don't know why I believed him, I didn't even bring anything with me to his room last night.

My brain is just a tired mushy mess, and for some reason I believed him.

"I'm not driving, we haven't slept in over twenty four hours." He sighed looking at me. "And I'm not letting you get on a bus with random people you've never met looking like this, no offense."

No offense? I mean he's right, it wouldn't be the prettiest sight to someone who doesn't know me or what happened. My body is covered in dark bruises and cuts scattered everywhere. The ones under my eyes are dark, and mixing with the loss of sleep.

I couldn't sleep last night, Zayn and I just stayed up and smoked. He was tired, and he still is. He swore he was fine and that he has survived on longer amounts of no sleep. He promised that if he needed sleep he would go to bed, but he was restless.

I knew he couldn't sleep, he was too worked up over everything and still blaming himself for me being taken on his behalf. I tried my best to explain how they knew who I was and it wasn't because of him, but I didn't want to tell him too much. As much as I appreciate Zayn, Harry should be the first person to hear those things.

"Harry won't want me there." I protested as he finished gathering up the rest of his stuff. He moved around, stuffing a piece of gum in his mouth, offering me one but I politely declined.

"I don't give a fuck what Harry wants, and I'm sure he'll be fine with it." He huffed as he sat down on the bed next to me, wrapping an arm around my shoulder. "I can hide you in my bunk, you need the darkness anyways."

"Oh yeah, cause that will go over great with him." I rolled my eyes, as he shook my shoulder. "He might end up hating you more than he hates me."

"It'll go over great, come on." He said standing up from the bed and running his hands over his sweatshirt. "Just put on some sunglasses and pull that nice little hood up."

I rolled my eyes as he laughed at me. I was still wearing his clothes, because I was in too much pain to move and do anything. My ribs are fucking killing me, so I would have to live in his sweatpants and the sweatshirt he ended up giving me last night as I cried on his bed.

"Thanks for the confidence boost, Zayn." I deadpanned as I stood up from the bed and winced at the pain shooting through my body. "Just don't let this cause more drama."

"It won't." Was all he said as he opened the door, dragging both mine and his suitcases behind him.

I didn't say anything after that, the only thing that I felt was the uneasiness in my stomach as we went onto the elevator and the racing thoughts in my head. He's going to be pissed when he sees me, I don't know why Zayn thinks this is going to be a good idea.

When the elevator doors opened, I pulled the sunglasses to cover the dark bruises under my eyes. It wasn't bright and early in the morning, so I knew there would be people out there. The nerves in my stomach only grew as I stepped onto the bus. I was fully prepared for everything to be blown up in my face.

"Where's Harry?" Zayn asked the question he knew was racing through my mind as we stepped onto the bus, and only two boys were present none of which were Harry. "And Niall?"