Nightmares (TehFawkes)

Sooooooo...here's something to make up for my delay on Ponderful's prompt. I've been slaving away at making the monster of a story for two days and a half,so I thought I would write something angsty and fluffy to take a break. And so you guys don't think I'm neglecting my readers.

This is just something that was born when I watched Smarty's new Mario Kart 8 video.

Tom woke up a little bit before 4:00 in the morning,but couldn't quite place what had woken him up. When he opened his eyes,he still had his arm around the black-haired male's waist,who was still fast asleep. His leg was draped over the other's and his face was buried in the crook of John's neck; exactly like how they had fallen asleep. Nothing was wrong from what he could tell,so what had woken him up? Confused amd drowsy,Tom attempted to close his eyes and fall back asleep when he realised what was wrong.

Every so often,John would fidget or mumble under his breath,both with a frantic vibe. They were erratic,frightened almost,and were definitely the cause of Tom's sudden awakening. Confused and slightly concerned,Tom propped himself up on his free elbow,the arm around John's waist pulling the slumbering male closer. He caught a glimpse of his boyfriend's face and felt unease gnaw at his heart. John's brow was furrowed and his skin seemed a bit paler than normal,and he practically radiated fear. But no matter how hard Tom tried to wake him up,the younger male just wouldn't let go of his dream state. Or maybe his dream isn't letting go of him,Tom thought fleetingly as he failed once more at an attempt to wake John.

Steven said something about him getting like this. Yeah,Tom remembered,Steven had said he would mutter and fidget in his sleep sometimes. But why now? Tom raked his fingers through his blonde hair,brow furrowed in concentration and worry. I can't wake him up...Do I just wait it out? Wait for him to wake up? Sighing,Tom drew John closer,deciding he'd wait for him to wake up.

Tom had almost fallen asleep when John suddenly sat straight up,gasping before bursting into tears,trembling violently. The blonde immediately wrapped his arms around John,rubbing his back as he pulled the black-haired male closer,trying to comfort him. John buried his face in Tom's shoulder,full on sobbing by now as Tom murmured soothing words in his ear. John slowly calmed down after a few minutes,with the help of a few gentle kisses and a few "I love you"'s as well.

"I-I'm sorry,"

He sniffed,and Tom pulled away,cupping John's cheeks so he could tilt the other's head up,and they locked gazes.

"It's alright,John,there's no need to apologise,okay?"

He kissed him on the lips softly,not allowing John to respond to his words. John kissed back,his arms impulsively moving to wrap around Tom's neck as they pressed closer. They parted for air moments later,and Tom pressed his forehead against John's and murmured,

"Are you okay now?"

"I'm fine,"

John says quietly,

"It was just a nightmare."

Tom sighed,and pulled John into a warm hug,pulling the male as close as he could.

"What was it about?"

John sniffed a bit as he hugged back,face buried in Tom's neck.

"I lost you."